Soulmates

A/N: Hi everyone! I'm finally updating after several months lmao

This chapter is abstractly written.  I guess I could say it's like a stream of consciousness that alternates with each paragraph (except the last) between thoughts that Keefe and Sophie are having while in a relationship. The first paragraph is Keefe, then Sophie, and it continues like that then the last is about both of them. Enjoy!

To kiss Sophie Foster was to write love on her lips all the love she deserved. All the unspent love that tore his heart apart in those years before they confessed. Every time he wanted to scream I love you; when those were the only words echoing in his mind. And somehow all that heartbreak felt beautiful to remember now because what is heartbreak if not love persevering? And now to pour all of that desperate love out onto her golden skin felt so good. But his heart still felt on the verge of exploding sometimes because of all the love that he knew he wouldn't have enough time or big enough words to express in a lifetime — but he could try.

To kiss Keefe Sencen was to breathe. Cause she always found survival in his embrace. When she felt unalive, he always brought her back to life. And her anxiety got to feel like the scared little girl when he was around. All of the fear and all of the hate turned to dust whenever she looked at him.  

To spend years wondering 'why 'threatened to turn Keefe's hopes into a barren desert. He spent so long wondering why he was cursed with the family he was born into. Spent years cursing the universe or fate or whatever. But... now? None of that mattered. Now DNA truly felt like nothing important. And he couldn't care less about a stupid family crest. He only cared about the family he could choose, which was her. The day everything fell into place upon their confessions, he looked up to the heavens and thanked whoever or whatever might be up there because suddenly he understood fate's plan. He had gotten just what he wished for. And everything made sense because it was all leading up to that moment. All of it was necessary to create the relationship they had. He wouldn't change a thing. All the solutions positive affirmations promised him had come true; fell into place. All the puzzle pieces fit together at last. And for once: life, the universe, fate, and the world wasn't the enemy. He never doubted anything when she was on his lips.

Keefe was to Sophie as the Mona Lisa is to all of its captivated visitors. She could spend forever pouring over his perfect features. He was an artist and the best masterpiece he had ever painted was himself. With that golden hair twisted like gorgeous vines and those blue eyes so deep she could drown in them. Somehow the icy blue of them felt warm. It was a phenomenal moment when she realized there wasn't a single part of him she didn't love. Everyone said no one was perfect, but she thought they were wrong. She could say they hadn't met the right person yet and they could say she was just in a naive infatuation.  But she believed that just like beauty, in the eyes of the right beholder, perfect exists.

He was the king and she was the queen - the king and queens of each other's hearts, bodies and souls. They fit together so perfect, it could truly only be that they were sculpted by a god. They were fit for eternity. True love will do that to you: make you believe in something higher. It will make you believe you and your lover are literally made for eachother. And all of this, all of these details leads to one conclusion: that you are soulmates.