Stars

A/N: hiii! yep, i'm back and finally have another update! I'm taking this book off hiatus, but I won't be following an update schedule anymore. Anyways, this oneshot is set in the time period of the first KOTLC book where Sophie is temporarily staying at Everglen! Enioy!

It was so big. So beautiful. So infinitely endless that she felt a little small and insignificant all the way down on Earth.

Sophie was staring at the magnificent purple swirls and sea of diamonds that made up the galactical midnight sky in the Lost Cities.

She was supposed to be asleep in the guest bedroom at Everglen but she had to sneak out to see the night sky. It was nothing like the almost starless sky she would see from San Diego in the Forbidden Cities.No, the Lost Cities' sky was so beautiful. But beautiful didn't feel like a big enough word to describe what she saw.

She was so enthralled, so floored, so enchanted, so hypnotized by the impossible, pure beauty that stood up above her that she didn't even notice the crunch sound that was made by the footsteps of someone walking on the green, dew-drenched grass behind her.  Even when he called her name, she didn't turn around to see the owner of the voice.

Only when he stood beside her did Sophie allow her mind to adknowledge Fitz's presence in the backyard.

"It's not like this in the forbidden cities, is it?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper.

She simply shook her head, a smile lighting her face.

They stood in silence and for the first time since Sophie met Fitz, there was no awkwardness, no blushing, but just them and the sky. And it was so much bigger than them. All of her problems - her crush on Fitz, leaving her family, everything felt so small.

"Where I'm from," Sophie started, "it's not like this at all. There's too much pollution, too many lights. I've never seen a sky like this before." She laughed lightly. "In fact, when I came out here I almost went to get something to take a picture. But then I remembered I'm in the Lost Cities now."

Fitz smiled. "You just have to enjoy it how it is. And be in the moment."

She nodded. She never wanted to leave this moment. Because this moment, under these stars, was everything.

  Because this moment, under these stars, was everything

A/N

Very short but I adore the idea of writing smaller moments even if they aren't particularly meaningful or have plot in them.  I hope this update made you readers happy. :)