Kiss It Better

"𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕, 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓."

Dex Dizznee had thought that Sophie Foster was the prettiest girl in Fox Fire. He even told her so a long time ago. But now he couldn't keep his eyes off Biana Vacker, as he watched her walk the gardens of Everglen. He was there to help Biana's dad Alden with building a gadget and he was waiting for Alden to arrive back home. In the meantime, he skateboarded on the cement watching Biana from afar.

Has she always been this beautiful?

Wait, what?! he scolded himself for the thought. Dex and Biana would be like.....a peasant and a princess.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Sophie told him he had a chance with anyone, but he didn't really believe her. After all she had been the last girl to reject him. 'Once bitten, twice shy' as humans say. And Biana was so beautiful and brilliant and she was a noble. And a Vacker. And-

*CRASH*

Dex got so lost in thought that he didn't notice the gnome in front of him. He had to swerve to avoid running him over with his skateboard and he crashed into the wall, sending him sprawling across the cement. Unfortunately for him, this caught Biana's attention.

She quickly ran over to him and helped lift him off the ground. "Dex, are you alright?"

"Um yah. I'm fine. Thanks." He actually wasn't fine but at the moment he was in a trance as he looked upon Biana's radiant face. She was wearing pearl earrings and a pretty long sleeve purple dress that complimented her makeup.

"Cool. Hey, you skateboard? I didn't know that!"

And Biana was talking to him. And he had to talk back while trying to ignore his growing blush or fast-beating heart. They had been close friends for so long but now with these new feelings emerging, he always felt shy or anxious around her.

"Yup. Not many people know."

"Oh. Can I try?"

"Uhhhh." He didn't want to sounds rude, but she was wearing a dress and was...well Biana. But he recalled she was also the girl who took on Vepera on her own, leaving deep scars all over her. "Yah, I guess. But you're umm...." he pointed at her dress.

"Oh," Biana laughed, "this old thing." She quickly tied up the bottom of the dress. "See. I can do this. And you'll be there to guide me!"

Dex could see she was persistent on this, so he kicked the board over to her. "So you put your left foot here..yah, yah. Perfect." He showed her how to stand and she balanced shakily. "So then you use this leg to move." She pushed off the ground, but after a few seconds, lost her balance and almost fell. "Woah!" Dex quickly grabbed onto her hands without thinking. Biana held on tightly to gain her balance.

They both suddenly became aware of the hand-holding. Biana smiled and looked up at him. They locked eyes. Dex saw Biana blush furiously and he could feel his own cheeks heating up. After a few seconds, which felt like hours, Dex cleared his throat, breaking out of his trance. "So um, why don't we try that again?"

Over the next 10 minutes they tried again and again, until Biana was able to skate board the length of the cement by herself.

"You ready?" Biana nodded and focused on the path ahead of her.

She looked so determined and fierce. Dex definitely liked her. If only he was brave enough to pursue her. Biana was one of the bravest people he knew.

She kicked up speed and rapidly flew to the gate. When she was only a few feet away from the gate, she turned around to face Dex. Her hair flew in the wind. "I'm doing it Dex! Look!"

Dex gave her a thumbs up but by the time she turned back around, the gate was much closer. Not only did Biana smash her face in the fence but the board slid out from under her and she fell into the cement. She was ripped up and bleeding. A lot.

Dex ran to her. "Biana! Are you alright?"

"Yah." she grimaced but Dex could see the tears on the brims of her eyes. She needed Elwin.

"This is all my fault."
********************************

A few minutes later Elwin arrived at Everglen and helped Biana. He bandaged her up and scanned her vitals and all that.

"Hmmmm." Elwin took off his glasses after examining Biana. "I'm sorry Biana. The one on your face is going to leave a scar." She just looked away and nodded in response. Then Elwin left. Della was in the kitchen and Fitz was upstairs with Stina, doing whatever they were doing.

"I am beyond sorry Biana. I feel like this is my fault."

"It's honestly not Dex!" she twirled her chocolate-brown hair and it was driving Dex crazy. "It does suck that I'll have another scar though. Like, great! More scars for people to make fun of. I hate them so much!"

Dex leaned in. It felt like a stab to the heart hearing Biana talk about herself like this. So he took a deep breath and took the leap of faith. "Biana. You are beautiful in every single way. And so are your scars."

Biana looked as if she were to relent but then her stubborn side shown threw. "Really?" she said as she arched her eyebrows and crossed her arms. "Then prove it!"

Dex was shocked. How could he prove it?

Then he thought of something. A crazy, impossible...and romantic something. He looked at her new face scar and leaned into it. But before she could catch on, he jumped forward and kissed it. KISSED IT! "

"Oh god, what have I done?" he thought. Biana seemed shellshocked and Dex tried to play down what he had just done. "Haha. They say kissing the booboo makes it feel...."he trailed off. He sounded like such an idiot.
She just looked down. "Dex I..."
Oh no no no no noooo! She was about to do it. Ruin their friendship and his last chance at love. He had to do something anything. And even if it risked everything and his brain was telling him not to, his heart beated much louder in agreance.
"Biana, you have a cut....." instead of naming the place he pointed vaguely at her face. Distracted from Dex's plan, she frantically searched her face shouting, "Here? Is it here?" every two seconds as one does when someone tells them there's a bug in their hair.
But Dex only heard her in muffles, for he was focused on one particular part of her body. Her lips.

Dex leaned in closer and closer uintil he couldn't be closer to her lips. Her beautiful teals eyes flashed to his as she had realized what he was doing. But it was too late.
He pressed his lips against hers. After a few seconds, he pulled back with with a loud smack.

¨There, all better-"
But he was cut off by Biana pulling him towards her. Suprisingly, they kissed for the second time. Sophie was right. After they had that failed kiss years ago, Sophie said the next kiss Dex had would be perfect.
And it was.

A/N: Oooh short and sweet. I hope the Diana fans liked that! Sorry if it's badly edited; I did it on my phone. Also I NEED suggestions people so please comment any ships you would like to see next! Thank you <3

Also fun fact: I got inspo for this from real life cause my brother was trying to teach me how to skateboard but it's so freaking scary!

And now for shoutouts. Check out these awesome people:
alicat4405 Sabrina_Sencen

SophieandKeefe

Happy Reading,
❤ Ayiana G ❤