Gold Rush

Wow.  I'm sorry how long it took me to update, jeez louise.  Another songfic, and ones that's based on a Taylor song, cause i'm obsessed like that.

Gleaming
Twinkling
Eyes like sinking ships
On waters so inviting
I almost jump in

Sophie's eyes.  They were so brown, so warm.  So inviting. There was nothing in the world more perfect than them.  Everything would have been perfect except..Keefe didn't like a gold rush.  He didn't like the miners pouring in, trying to win Sophie's heart.  She was so innocent and naive and beautiful..but he knew.  He knew it was a gold rush.  And he didn't like it.  

But I don't like a gold rush, gold rush

He didn't like any of it.  He didn't like that before all he thought about was Gulons and basequest and annoying Dame Alina.  But now..now she occupied his mind every single second of every single day. He knew he every time he walked by her, he had to prepare himself for the rush of red that would find his cheeks.

I don't like anticipating my face in a red flush. 

He didn't like that anyone would die to feel her touch.  He hated it so much.  He hated how he needed her how he would die for it.  How Fitz would sacrifice  their friendship.  He hated it, he hated it.  He hated how he felt like he couldn't breath without her. Everything, everything he ever wanted and needed was her.  All in her.

Everybody wanted her. Everybody wondered what it'd be like to love her. And the reason he thought that is because none of them - not a single one of them - knew what it was like to truly love her.

Love was so, so different. It was like flying. He looked at Sophie.  Loving you is the best feeling ever, he thought.

But then again, it was the worst. Even with all the trauma in his life, he was yet to experience anything as painful as knowing she would never love him back.  The day he realized he loved her was the best day of his life - but also the worst.  Fly, he could fly.  His heart soared into heaven, it was the best feeling ever.  He was flying, he was really doing it.  But then...the bone crush.

I don't like that falling feels like flying 'til the bone crush

He was happy; he could fly! But then, his wings crashed and burned.  Because he realized she would never love him back.  And that was the most painful thing he had ever experienced.  He held onto every blush, every smile, every giggle like it was the last oxygen on Earth.  Because for him, it was.  Love was what he needed.  He couldn't breathe without her.  It was selfish but he knew what he would wish for if he ever had the chance.  Not world peace, or for the Neverseen to be defeated, but...her.  The whole world revolved around her. And that's what he didn't like. In a way, she had ruined his life.

What must it be like
To grow up that beautiful?

It was years later, and guiding Sophie through the crowd, he honestly wondered: what would it be like to grow up so beautiful?  All these years later, she was so gorgeous.  He hair found it's place onto her head; like dominoes falling into place.  Not as perfect as his hair, but still.

She was still the same, innocent Foster she always was.  He was lost in her brown eyes as she reached up her head to let a snowflake land on her nose.  The scene was so beautiful - so many things.  Her happiness was everything. 

He carefully guided her through the crowds of onlookers.  Some of the men had that look in their eyes like they were just seeing true beauty for the fist time.

Everything was so perfect; like a dream.  They happily floated through life from one smile to the next.  He called her out on her blushing still.  He loved - craved even- that blush on her face when she was flustered.  

They were living their happily ever after.  They had traveled the world and found towns they never knew existed. 

And the coastal town
We wandered 'round had never
Seen a love as pure as it

It was so pure.  Together, they could take on the world. It was the best feeling ever.  He looked at her as she stopped to let a snowflake land on her tounge.  Loving you is the best feeling ever, he thought.

But then he snapped out of it.  His delusions fell apart. He was still sipping tea in the cafeteria at Foxfire.  She was still with Fitz.  

It hurt.  It hurt so bad.  He would never call her out at dinner parties.  The coastal town they never found would never see a love as pure as it.  All the dreams faded into gray of his day old tea.

'Cause it will never be

He looked at her one last time, then made a decision.  The day dreaming would never happen again.

I can't dare to dream about you anymore

Cause it could never be.

Writing a whole oneshot in one sitting in like 10 minutes? proud of myself.  Gold rush is one of my fav songs on evermore, cause the concept is so magical.  Gold Rush is about falling into a daydream and snapping out of it as quickly as you fell in. It speaks to hopeless romantics and daydreams.  It's truly beautiful.

  It's truly beautiful