chapter forty-nine

Start from the beginning

"i'm not bribing you guys to hang out with me, since when did you all become like this," zayn huffs. "theo is the only one i'm accepting into my new club and yes, we can do something else. we could go on a shopping spree or bake anything. and the two of you can't join in."

"no offense mom, but that's lame," oliver says.

"i think that's pretty cool zayn, thanks for including me," theo has a huge smile in his face that just makes zayn feel like hugging him.

zayn has noticed something about the fifteen year old that he absolutely adores.

theo is incredibly easy to please.

he doesn't even have to try hard at all, but theo eats up and loves whatever zayn says or does. he's kind of like a puppy. and it's as much adorable as it is sad.

it's sad because it shows that theo is starved of affection. it's such a sharp contrast to his own kids who have been pampered since they were babies and are slightly spoilt.

zayn doesn't regret the way he raised his children, but he just wishes that theo could have been raised like that too. if he's feeling like this, he wonders how liam feels knowing that he could have done something about it.

...

jordan has been bringing his boyfriend around to the house a lot more lately and it's literally driving liam insane. he still doesn't like the tattooed boy and he feels like he's wrong for jordan. zayn has tried to tell him that jordan is at that age where he likes bad boys and he shouldn't worry about it, that jordan is mature enough to know who's right for him.

liam feels like jordan is doing it to test him. he's always on the lookout when jordan has him over. he makes sure that jordan doesn't lock his door, he 'drops by' every couple of minutes and he subtly mentions how late it's getting to get jordan to take the hint that his boyfriend should leave.

"liaaaam," zayn pouts, shuffling on the bed till he's on top of his husband. "give me attention."

liam smiles at him, letting zayn sit on his lap and wrapping his hands around him. he moves their position so their both laying on the bed and he spoons his husband. his hands resting at zayn's baby bump.

"i can't wait till she gets here," he says.

"she?" zayn whispers.

"you rubbed off on me, now i hope it's a girl too," liam admits. "and frankly i want a change from teenage boys. all they want to do is have sex."

zayn giggles. "we were once like them too."

"i wasn't like that," liam shakes his head. "okay fine, maybe i was a little like that."

"see. stop being so concerned about their sex life, we already gave them the talk. everything else is out of our hands now,"

"so we're just going to do nothing and just hope they don't get an std or worse, get pregnant?"

"how is getting pregnant worse than having an std?" zayn frowns.

"that came out wrong," liam says, hoping he didn't accidentally offend his husband since zayn was a teen parent himself.

"you're being dumb liam," zayn says. "you have to accept that there are some things we can't control as parents."

"i still think we could do a lot more," liam says. "and sometimes i wonder why you're so relaxed about it."