chapter ninety

lucas in the media

...

"how do you know how to do all these?" jordan asks, amazed as he watches his younger brother lucas prepare lana for bedtime.

"practice," lucas says. "and lana is an angel, i love taking care of her."

"you're so... domestic," jordan says. "how am i so different?"

"relax, i'm not. i was just here since she was born that's all, not your fault you were in college,"

"luka," lana's voice says, calling their attention.

"she can say your name?" jordan asks, surprised.

"yeah, she knows everyone's name," lucas says. "lana say jordi, jordiiii,"

"jori," she says.

"no way," jordan says, surprised. "she just called my name."

"she can talk jordan. she's just really shy," lucas chuckles. "she talks more at night."

"that's so cute," jordan says, cooing over her. "she's really pretty."

"right. i'm jealous, you and her won the genetic lottery of this family. i wish i had green eyes," lucas says.

"your eyes are pretty too lucas," jordan says sincerely.

"they're brown and basic," lucas says. he doesn't like his brown eyes, he thinks he looks better with blue or green, so when he dresses up he'd use contacts too. "but thank you."

"you're welcome,"

"do you want to read her the story?" lucas asks.

"nah, you do it," jordan says. "i'll watch. i'll do it next time."

"okay," lucas says. he picks up a book and reads her one, it doesn't take long for her to fall asleep. they turn off the light and close the door.

"hey lucas, wanna sleep over in my room tonight?" jordan asks.

lucas turns, surprised. "why?"

"i'm bored. we could stay up and watch movies or just talk," jordan says.

"are you lonely jordan?" lucas teases.

"fúck off dude," jordan lightly shoves him. "i know how much you'd miss me when i go."

lucas looks sad at that, being reminded that he could go another year without seeing his older brother again.

"you know you can come visit me right," jordan says. "come for summer break or weekends. i'll pay for your flight."

"really? i can?" lucas asks, he has no idea why he didn't think of that earlier.

"yep," jordan says.

"i've never really been away from home before. i hope mom and dad let me," lucas says.

"i'll convince them. speaking of the parents, do you think your plan worked?"

"definitely. i mean did you see that kiss? dad wanted mom back so bad," lucas says. "no way they're going through with the divorce after that. i think we just saved their marriage."

"don't you think you're celebrating a bit too soon?" jordan asks. they walk inside jordan's room.

jordan picks up an extra blanket. "going to give this to dad."

he walks out, heading to the living room. he doesn't see liam on the couch and he frowns, did he leave?

he heads towards his parents room to ask his mom. but before he knocks at the door he hears a noise.