chapter seventy-seven

"what are we going to do?" zayn asks as he enters into jordan's room. he locks the door after himself.

"we?" jordan raises an eyebrow. "there is no we. you hold up your end of the bargain. you don't tell javier and liam that i'm pregnant and i don't tell javier you lost your memory, and i don't tell liam you're planning on doing god knows what with javier."

"i'm not planning on doing anything,"

"yeah, and i'm not knocked up," jordan rolls his eyes.

"jordan," zayn gives a sad smile. "you're still my son. i want to help."

"no. you're not my mom. the only reason why you rushed to the hospital without telling dad is because you wanted to see javier. i could have been dying but all you cared about was him."

"that's not true," zayn says. "i care about you too."

"stop it. i already have a ton of things on my mind and i don't need you adding to it,"

"i really want to help jordan," zayn says. "i know what it's like. i've been there, in my mind, i just experienced it."

"you can't do anything for me," jordan says. he sniffles. "you can't."

"i can listen," zayn says.

"how would that help me?"

"try it," zayn says.

"i don't know what to say. i just feel so stupid," jordan says. "i'm so stupid. i keep making dumb decisions. over and over again."

"i feel the same way too. i think it's normal," zayn says. "and i turned out fine at the end, didn't i?"

"no offense but i don't want to turn out like you," jordan says.

"ouch," zayn says.

"i'm sorry," jordan apologizes. "that was rude."

"no, it's alright. i can't be offended if i don't remember who i am, right?"

"it's just that i had this plan of how i wanted my life to be like," jordan says. "i wanted to be famous. i want my face to be on every billboard around the world. and i was going to get there."

"you can still get there,"

"no. my life is ruined now mom," jordan starts to cry. "everything is ruined."

"i'm sorry," zayn says, watching jordan breakdown in front of him. he has no idea what to do or say to the other boy. he sees himself so much in him that it scares him.

...

lucas isn't even surprised in the least to see elias in his bedroom when he walks in. he purposefully left his window unlocked because he was expecting him. he's getting predictable, anytime he and jordan don't talk for a while elias always comes to him after a certain couple of days.

"hey tiny," elias says, picking a book off lucas bedside table and reading it. lucas walks to him and collects it from his hand, placing it back. elias picks up another thing, a picture frame and lucas collects that as well.

"stop messing up my stuff," lucas complains.

"sorry," elias chuckles, looking unapologetic.

"i know why you're here," lucas says. "and yes, he's in his bedroom."

"what if that's not the reason i'm here?" elias says, moving closer to lucas. lucas swallows. those words shouldn't have an effect on him but it does.

"why else would you be here?"

"because i wanted to see you, tiny," elias says.

"really?" lucas asks, disbelieved. "you're here only just to see me. nothing else."