chapter forty-nine

zayn just wanted to spend some alone time with his husband, but all liam did was rant about lucas and how he's too young to be engaging in any sexual acts. he wasn't even comfortable with the idea of lucas having a boyfriend, but he's known justin and lucas as best friends for a while and he guesses he still saw them as friends. but the idea of lucas being intimate at his age (or even at all) makes him upset.

so zayn decides to organize a sex education class for his kids the next day. because what else is there to do. school isn't going to open for another three weeks. only lucas, theo and oliver bothered to show up though.

at the end of the lecture they all look visibly disturbed and uncomfortable which is what he was aiming for.

"remember do not to have sex with anyone unless you're absolutely ready and your partner is someone you trust," he says. "any questions?"

lucas raises his hand.

"you don't have to raise your hand lucas, you can just talk," zayn says.

"i know you're only doing this because of me so what if i'm ready now?" he asks.

"excellent question. you can't be ready at fourteen, you're still quite young so it's best to wait till you're mature," zayn replies.

"how would i know if i'm mature?"

"you have to be at least sixteen," zayn says.

"twenty," liam's voice comes out from the corner. zayn didn't even know he was listening. "and married."

"liam, go away," zayn says. "you're not helping."

"i have a question," oliver says. "what does sex feel like?"

zayn almost chokes on his saliva, liam tries to hold in a laugh. he's glad he's not really part of this. he decides to leave now before zayn gets the idea to refer oliver's question for him to answer.

"that's not something i'm answering," he shakes his head. then he turns to theo. "theo? do you have any questions?"

"um, no," theo shakes his head. he feels weird enough as it is.

"i have another question," oliver says.

zayn groans internally, knowing it's going to be something like his previous ones. "what's your question olly?"

"how do you have sex? and what are the best ways?"

"for gods sake oliver, this isn't a class where i'm going to teach you how to have sex,"

"i thought this was sex education,"

"sex education doesn't mean i teach you how to have sex. it just means i tell you what it is,"

"then why am i here?"

"to learn how to be responsible," zayn says. "did you think- why would you even think i'd teach you how? you know what, don't even answer that. everything you say is just-"

"out of pocket," lucas says.

"exactly," zayn agrees. "i hope you've all learnt something from this today. i know oliver hasn't and having him join us could have possibly done more harm than good, but i'm glad we had this talk. maybe we should make this a weekly thing?"

"mom, sometimes i get bored. but not that bored," lucas says.

"don't be rude," zayn huffs.

"i'll show up. but only if it's about something else," theo joins in.

"i'll show up too, but only if i can get something out of it," oliver adds.

"if we're getting things by showing up then i guess i'll join too," lucas says.