chapter thirty-seven

...

jordan barely arrives at the hotel where he's supposed to be staying in new york when he gets a facetime call from his dad, liam.

"you look exhausted," liam says from the other line. "how was your trip?"

"fine," jordan says. "i'm tired dad. i'll call you after i've had a nap."

"but your mom wants to say hi," liam says and before he could say anything else zayn pops up on the camera. jordan complains internally. he just wants to sleep.

"hi jordi," zayn smiles at him. "how did your trip go?"

"hi mom, my trip was fine," jordan replies.

"we miss you so much already," zayn says. "you look tired so i'll leave you to rest, call me back when you've had a nap, okay?"

"okay mom," jordan gives him a smile before ending the call. this is the second call he's received, the other one was from elias and they spoke for about thirty minutes till liam called. jordan is feeling kind of bad for not inviting him, but he feels like he needs to be alone for a while and this trip is the perfect cover for him.

his hotel room is fancy, not like he expected less though. this trip is supposed to be a big deal and a once in a lifetime opportunity, he gets to model for a designer in new york and for an amateur model, that kind of opportunity is rare.

he takes a shower in the hotel bathroom and comes out wearing a robe. after that, he takes a couple of mirror selfies and posts his favorite on instagram. he gets notifications instantly but he puts his phone on silent, he really isn't in the mood for social media right now but he has to keep his instagram page active if he plans to get more famous.

he falls down unto the bed to sleep but he can't. he keeps thinking.

his mind, left alone always flashes back to that party. where he was being drugged by that college boy asshole and how helpless he felt. thinking doesn't only bring back the memories but the feelings too and he absolutely hates feeling like that.

he needs something to get his mind off it. he's exhausted but he can't sleep at all. usually, this is the time he'd take something to get his mind off it, specifically he'd have a few drinks. not enough to get him drunk though, but enough to leave him not quite sober. but he has nothing. he didn't bring any with him to the airport plus he can't exactly buy, he's underage. back home, he had a means to get it but now he's in a city he's unfamiliar with.

not only that, but ever since that encounter he had with theo, he's been dreading taking it. not that he feels guilty or anything, he thinks theo did deserve it.

he doesn't trust the boy and he didn't have a problem with him till he tried to interfere in jordan's life. jordan hated it when people did that. in his view, theo had no right to walk into his room, search his things and accuse him of being an alcoholic. who does that?