chapter sixty-four

some hours earlier

...

"if you scream i'll pull the trigger," the person pulling the gun to his head says. "now, listen. you're going to do exactly what i say if you want to make it out of this alive."

zayn freezes. "please... let me go."

"give me your phone," the man says. he grabs zayn's phone before he can even say anything and hits it repeatedly till it goes off. "now drive."

zayn does as he says, feeling fear grip through him. somehow the situation feels familiar to him.

"who are you?" zayn asks. "what do you want with me?"

"did i say you could talk?" he responds.

he makes zayn drive to a dark alley and then tells him to come out, still holding the gun to his head.

there's another car there. he pushes zayn to the alley and then wraps his hands with tape. then makes him enter the car and they drive off.

"why are you doing this?" zayn questions.

"shut up," he responds.

"they're going to find me, you know," zayn says. "and you're going to go to jail for a long long time."

he gets a sack over his head as a response. thankfully it's not tight and he can still breathe very well through it.

zayn feels like for a kidnapper, the person kidnapping him isn't very rough. so it'll probably be easier to escape. he plans his escape out in his head.

he'll probably make a run for it when they arrive at the destination and the sack is off his face. his hands are tied back with tape, but he can run pretty fast.

he would kick the guy in the nuts and make a break for it.

you're pregnant.

he almost forgot that crucial detail. he can't do anything that would put the baby at risk. he has to be deliberate over every action that he takes.

if he kicks the guy in the nuts, who's to say that he can't easily over power him? what then? he could kick him or push him and put the baby at risk.

he's not giving up on escaping though, he's not a quitter. he'll take the next (safer) chance he gets. he'll make sure he escapes, liam and the kids are probably worried sick about him.

the car stops and he's being led out of it. he's pulled down and made to sit on a chair.

"could you be any more cliché?" zayn says out loud. he gets ignored again, and his hands tied down to the armrest of the chair. his feet also get tied together.

he hears footsteps walking away and figures that he's being left alone.

what he doesn't expect to be left alone for a full hour. he can't see anything because his face is covered and he's tied down so he can't move. he starts to panic at some point and starts trashing around and yelling. but to no avail.

after an hour passes, he's no longer as calm and collected as he was before. he hears footsteps. someone walks towards him.