chapter two

...

"he's just acting," jordan rolls his eyes at how naive his mother is sometimes. "anyways, i gotta go, food is almost ready. bye mom, bye dad."

"bye jordi, we love you guys!" he ends the call before his parents could say anything else.

"that was close," noah says at first. "what if he calls later to talk to lucas?"

"well let's hope lucas is back by then," jordan says. "god knows this is the last time i ever cover up for his ass."

"i'm going to my room for the rest of the day. don't bother me," he says, heading into his room. noah trails after him shyly. jordan notices this when he's about to close his door. "what? are you deaf or something? i just said not to bother me."

"i know, but i'm bored," he says.

"and i should care because...?" jordan asks.

"we never hang out," noah says.

"why would i want to hang out with a twelve year old?" jordan questions, like it was the dumbest statement noah has ever made.

"i'm smarter than everyone else in the house and you're my brother," noah says. jordan gives him an unconvincing look. in reality, his father, liam gave him a secret task to look after jordan while they are gone. they've been worried about him, he never leaves his bedroom and they're worried he might be depressed.

"i've got things to do, fuck off," jordan says.

"can we have a movie night?" noah presses on.

"no," jordan says then slams his door closed at his younger brother.

noah sighs, seeing oliver at the hallway waiting for him.

"i miss mom and dad," he says to his brother. noah and oliver were the closest to their parents, mainly due to them being the youngest. noah and liam had a lot in common, and oliver shared common interests with zayn. zayn and liam considered themselves lucky because they had the most well behaved and mature little boys.

"me too," oliver replies.

meanwhile, jordan feels guilty as he shuts the door on his younger brother. he's supposed to be the responsible older brother and look after his siblings after his parents travelled, but he's being a total bitch to his siblings and he let lucas go out to god knows where.

he opens the door slowly, seeing both of his brothers still hanging around.

he sighs, "okay, we'll have the movie night," he says to noah, watching excitement fill his younger brothers face. he smiles at that, he honestly doesn't deserve his siblings. "i'll call lucas, you guys can pick a movie from your choice."

"let's watch iron man," oliver says.

"olly, we've seen that so many times," noah rolls his eyes. "let's see inception instead."

"noah that movie is so boring," oliver says.

"you just don't understand it," noah responds.

"since you guys can't decide, let's watch a disney marathon," jordan suggests. oliver agrees happily while noah groans. he hated disney movies, but the movie night was his idea and he doesn't want to argue so he agrees.

he calls lucas and he tells him to hurry up from wherever he is. less than twenty minutes later lucas tries to sneak into the house without realizing that his brothers were already at the living room.

"oh," he says, looking at the three of them. "i didn't realize you guys would be up."

"we're having a movie night," oliver says. "we were waiting for you."

"i feel icky and i wanna take a shower. you guys can start without me," he says, hurriedly heading for his room. jordan frowns, noticing earlier that his pupils were dilated.

he follows after him and closes the door when they're both at lucas's room.

"where are you coming from?" jordan questions.

lucas snorts, "it's really not your business."

"are you high?" he questions, moving closer to him. lucas quickly moves away, confirming his suspicions.

"no," he avoids eye contact.

"you smell like weed," jordan says. "lucas, what did you get up to?"

"i went for a party okay," he starts. "i didn't smoke or anything but there were a lot of people there smoking so maybe it got on me. i don't know, stop acting like mom."

"you made us all lie to cover up your ass, and you come back home looking high as fuck and you can't even come up with a proper lie," jordan says.

"why do you care all of a sudden? i told you i was going out today and you didn't care to ask me where or when i was coming back. so why are you interrogating me now?"

jordan looks away, feeling guilty. he sighs, sitting down on the bed.

"i'm a horrible older brother," he says. "i can't even look after you guys while mom and dad are gone. i can't do anything right."

lucas sits next to him. feeling some kind of way, this is the first time jordan has ever sounded like this and it's odd.

"you've been an ass lately yes, but you're not totally horrible," the younger of the two brothers say. "you're tolerable sometimes."

jordan laughs, looking at his brother before noticing something. "is that a hickey?"

lucas flushes, covering it. "maybe."

"don't tell me you lost your virginity at a high school party. that's so cliche," jordan says.

"shut up, i didn't lose it. we just made out," lucas flushes the more.

"i can't believe little looloo that blushes at every sex scene in a movie is making out with boys now," jordan teases.

"i'm not little," he mumbles, knowing to himself that that's not true at all. he's the smallest out of them all, even his twelve year old brothers are bigger than him. that's how tiny he is.

"tell me about it. was it your first kiss?" jordan makes himself comfortable on the bed.

"something like that," he starts. "his name is aaron, he's tall, handsome and amazing."

"is he your boyfriend now?" jordan asks.

"no, but he got my number so i hope he calls me," he says. he knows naturally, he wouldn't reveal this much to his brother. jordan doesn't usually converse with them like this. also, he doesn't mind telling jordan everything, maybe it's because he's still feeling a bit light headed from the joint he smoked at the party.

"can i ask you something?" lucas brings up. jordan nods. "are you a virgin?"

jordan was clearly not expecting that question. but he decides to answer nevertheless. "no."

lucas nods, not really surprised. "when did you lose it?"

jordan looks at him. "like last week?"

"oh," lucas says, surprised at this. he thought his brother would have lost it s long time ago because of the kind of friends his brother hangs around with. "how?"

"i went over to study at his house and then shit happened," jordan says.

"romantic," lucas teases.

"shut up," jordan hits him with a pillow.

"you know, i miss us being this close," lucas says. "can we not fight anymore?"

jordan nods, "i know i've been acting up but i found out something that's been bugging me."

"what did you find out?"

"i found my father," he admits, looking at his fingers.

for a second lucas is confused, he almost forgot that they didn't share the same father because he's known jordan his whole life. before he could say anything oliver enters the room to remind them of the movie. lucas gives his older brother a look that they'll talk about it later.

...