Chapter Fifteenth - He's Dead

All Jungkook really wanted to do right now was sleep.

It was still daylight outside and with his punishment that had been going on this was the time he was meant to be sleeping. A call at midday for him was like getting a call at two o'clock in the morning after going to bed at eleven o'clock at night, or something like that, honestly he was too tired to care and had he been awake enough to care he had more important things to worry about than how much sleep he'd managed to get.

"Why couldn't I answer the call?" Jungkook asked as he sat in the living room with everyone else, fighting to keep his eyes open The others seemed like they had already had all the sleep that they needed, he'd ask about that later, he honestly could think about it right now. He was too tired and too confused with the current situation to confuse or worry about anything else.

He was curled up in Hoseok's lap with Namjoon and Yoongi on either side of him. On the other sofa was Tae and Jimin, all cuddled up with each other like they had been when asleep. Jin was sat with them.

"This was something we needed to talk to you about a while ago but we didn't want to upset you more than you already were. We thought we might be able to avoid this conversation for just a little bit longer so you could enjoy just that little bit more peace with us before we had to do this." Seokjin said, honestly just trying to avoid telling Jungkook the truth, he didn't have the heart to just say this to Jungkook.

He wasn't sure what relationship Jungkook had with his parents, it didn't seem like the most positive sort of relationship but Jungkook was so sweet so he had a feeling Jungkook would love his parts regardless. So telling him something like this could hurt his newest mate and he was a healer so it went against him and his way of life in every way.

"Kookie, you know how humans don't know of our existence, that was one of the reasons you had to drop out of college so that no one would realise?" Yoongi asked as he put a calming hand on Jungkook's arm.

"Y-yeah." Jungkook said as a sinking feeling suddenly filled his stomach, he had a feeling that he was going to hate whatever was said to him next about this whole situation. With the way Hoseok was holding him so close and Yoongi was being so gentle, it was obvious that they were trying to offer him comfort before the truth even became known to him. That scared him, he knew that this really was going to hurt him. "What does that have to do with my parents?" He asked, he didn't really see the correlation, or more like he did but he didn't want to accept such a horrible thought to be true. He still wanted to deny what he knew would turn out to be the truth.

"So, as to avoid people learning about who we are, we can't have connections to humans." Tae told him, sitting up a little bit more now. "It's dangerous as they could realise that we don't age or something like that." He pointed out.

"Which means your parents can't see you because they would realise that you aren't getting any older, or they could realise you burn in the sun too easily." Namjoon told him as he rested his hand on Jungkook's knee and gave it a small squeeze, trying to comfort him before he herd the news that might brake the sweet little nesting in Hoseok's lap.

"So, because of all that Kookie," Hoseok said, honestly not wanting to tell him but they had to. "your parents have to think that you are dead." He reluctantly admitted to the boy.

Jungkook tensed up, the breath leaving his lungs in a gasp as he herd that. Sure, he didn't go home much and his parents weren't ever the kindest to him but that's just because he was a difficult child who let hobbies be more important to him than anything else, like studying. Plus, they were busy people, so of course they had to prioritise discipline over love in the few hours they might have together.

"Kookie, breather, baby." Namjoon said as he gently squeezed Jungkook's shoulder, trying to get Jungkook to look at him at the same time since he'd noticed Jungkook's spaced out look on his face. "Baby, come on, talk to me." Namjoon said. He could hear the boys thoughts and all the lies that Jungkook believed. With Jungkook thinking of his past he could see it, more than he had in the past, he found now, he could see some memories that connected to the thoughts in Jungkook's head. He could see Jungkook being a good kid and his parents convincing him otherwise. It was a knew skill to be able to do that but now wasn't the time to be thinking about it.