Emmiepooh2 review: Bloodline

Book: Bloodline

Author: krippy93

Author: krippy93

Reviewer: emmiepooh2

Hey, Cristina! You asked me to review the plot, narrating style, and characters. If I am able to, I will read till chapter eleven. However, if I am unable to, it will be explained in the review of what chapters I have reviewed.

~

Plot:

When Act I was described, it sounded like this whole book's major connection is chess. As if the war was a chess game, metaphorically. That part wasn't too detailed, however, it wasn't detailed as much to hook everyone in that part.

For me the hook was the date (0. Stars chapter) but I do see a hook in the first paragraph that could hook other readers, that wasn't hooked in Act I set up.

The plot as a whole seems like not only is it futuristic-like but they repeated history. Like when someone reigns as queens and kings, it is passed down to their child. For example, the main character, Vanessa it's like that for her but she will be the governor of the 'house'.

~

Narrating Style:

I love how you narrated Bloodline and had done the acts. I say that because of how well thought out everything had seemed to be. I will say you can grow more from it, pour your heart and soul out more for it. I think that you will be an amazing author to have on my shelf someday if you choose to publish. Also, get me unconfused please, and thank you!

~

Characters:

(Warning I may be bad at describing characters but these are my CliffsNotes of them that I made)

Vanessa is like me, I feel like. (Gotta relate to characters to be a good book) I say that because being in a family, everyone that spawns from someone gets held to their parent's standards. Some standards are really high, like Vanessa's but others are low as it can be. It honestly depends on how high the parents can reach.

Virgil seems like the know-it-all. As if he wants every gram of power he can get his hands on. He wants to be the best so he will do the best.

Christopher, he reminds me of a guy (I won't share names) that gets so bent of shape for his name, he picks fights with his wife over it. He seems to be self-centered and rich. Honestly, I dislike him the most.

Jocelyn, she has that name of 'old money' in my opinion. Her name seems arrogant and brown-nosing-like. She tries to stop her and her husband's fights by saying, 'the kids' when in reality she doesn't know how to take up for herself.

I believe those were the most descriptive, being I stopped reading after .4. I stopped reading because of how much I was confused.

~

Overall Enjoyment:

Honestly, I think this is a good book. However, I did get confused and still am on who exactly will be governor (Vanessa or Virgil). Reading .3 done that to me. But if this was in my recommendations I would have possibly added it to my reading list, to read it when I got the chance. 

Thanks, Em! And thank you to our reviewee for trusting us with their book! If you guys have a chance, be sure to check out Bloodline!