Sky_is_limit review: Ganymede made us

Book name: Ganymede made us

Author: Sunidosh_Reemanchi8-----Reviewer: sky_is_limit

-----
Reviewer: sky_is_limit

Hey, so you just wanted constructive criticism. You didn't give me a focus point, so I'll do my best to be thorough. I'll admit that I struggled just a bit trying to figure out what to say. This is not my normal type of read with the messages and stuff. Hopefully, this is constructive enough. You can always ask me questions and I'm willing to answer!
-----

Title/Cover/Blurb

I think the title is very effective. Considering the premise of the story, I think it's fitting. There's also nothing like it so points for originality and creativity. The cover is okay. I don't particularly see how it relates to the overall story, but that may be because it hasn't gotten too far. Hopefully, it'll relate in the future. For now, I'm not a fan of the font choice for the title, nor the arrow presented because I don't know why it's there. The blurb is not really a blurb to me. It looks more like an extremely long tagline. Nothing about it is telling fo readers to really know what the story is about. Personally, I would reword it at some point so that it's hooking in every sense.

-----

Grammar

From the get-go, there's a formatting issue. The prologue shoes right align, center, right, center. I'm not sure why, but it was distracting for me because it didn't make sense for the format to be like that.

I didn't expect the overall story to be presented in a text message like format. It was a surprise, but not necessarily a bad one. I think you chose a style of writing you like and that works for you which is good. One thing to still look out for is typos. Sometimes I wasn't sure if the typo was an author mistake or a planned character mistake. I don't recommend using the text style as a way to hide mistakes that need editing.

Getting to the 'Rendevous' chapters, I think they could have been a lot better. The lengths were short, which is fine. But I personally recommend adding a lot more description than we were given. I have no idea how any characters look and when Peyton was at the airport, she thought it was amazing. Why? Show the readers what the characters are seeing so we also get a visual. We don't know what amazing looks like.

Your syntax could have been a little better. There were verb tense agreement issues that need to be worked out. Occasionally, there would be an extra space in sentences or two. There was also a point when the Rendevous chapters came up. The dialogue needs work because there were spacing problems regarding that too. It's really nothing a quick edit can't fix.

-----

Plot Development

First things first, the prologue is more like a summary. It's not at all a prologue, not in the traditional sense. Furthermore, I think it moves around too much. I was just a little confused about where it was going and what the point was.

It's uncanny but necessary the two main characters become partners. I think that was a good call to make, especially because they live on different planets. I feel some more background and story can be added. At the moment, readers have no idea why the world changed and that's something I'm itching to know. There are so many connections to be made between the characters and the changing scenes. When did they decide to meet? Both times?

I feel the story just lacks a general flow and that could be due to the style you've chosen to go for. Personally, I just feel we're missing too much story and backstory.

But I can say that the idea is original in my opinion. I've never read anything like it and some of that is because this is not my usual genre choice. Even then, your idea is unique and I would love to see it flourish.

-----

Character Development

Your characters could be fleshed out a bit more. With the text style, I feel like we have even a greater chance of learning about their personalities. So far, we know that Peyton is kind of happy go lucky, a little feisty. Dayton comes off more like a class clown type to me.

You did well there, but when the Rendevous chapters come up, really enforce it. Show us more of their characters and how they interact in person. There also needs to be more emotions put in. At the moment, Peyton is sensing heavy deja vu and I'd love to get into her head and feel her emotions. Dayton himself is feeling antsy because he wants Peyton to remember. Describe what that's like for him.

-----

Overall Enjoyment

This isn't something I would continue reading. For me, I'm just not a fan of the text style writing. I like to read a story and while your book had those occasionally, it wasn't enough to pull me in. A lot of that has to do with the above mentioned. A lot of work could be done, I feel.

-----

Advice

Honestly, work out some of those grammar inconsistencies. My main thing is the lack of details and descriptions. We're told the whole time with no show whatsoever. When that gets fleshed out, the Rendevous' I mean, I'd love to see how it helps boost the story. I also want to see more from the characters. More emotion, more descriptions of feelings and appearance so readers can really know how your characters are and what they look like.

------

Another huge one to Sky, we appreciate the reviews and to her customer for trusting

Another huge one to Sky, we appreciate the reviews and to her customer for trusting. We hope you like your review.

Remember,  your book is amazing ♡