Nax_00 review: Fighting For A Crown

Book name: Fighting for a crown

Author: Little_Songbirdx

------

Reviewer: Nax_00

Prince Gavrial would rather spend his days planning for war, yet when a silly tradition that forces kings to chose their brides comes around the corner, he has to abide. He's determined to spend as little time with the candidates as possible, yet a doe-eyed Elizabeth may have caught his eye.

----------

Title

The title, "Fighting for a crown" seem to fit in with the overall plot of the book, since it revolves around a war. It's very original as well! (Conducted a quick search to confirm that; it's the first result that comes up.)

----------

Blurb

"Prince Gavrila is, to put it lightly, rather unhappy about having been dragged home from the war. However he is tasked
with the petty tradition every king must honour; choosing his bride. Whilst there are six months avaliable with which to get to know his ten possible fiancees, Gavrila is determined spend as little time as possible away from the front lines, eager to return to the fight and win the war. Yet it seems the front lines may be harder and harder to return to, with the threat of rebelion and a much bigger fight call him to his father's side, whilst a girl who barely deserves a place in his season is tugging at the strings of his heart."

-----

The blurb is fairly informative and gives us the basic plot of the story; it's not too long and it's not too short. It's fairly well done, good job!

-------

Cover

The cover is professionally made and definitely makes sense upon reading; a man and a woman in the middle of a kingdom that seems to be at war. The font is easy to read and it expands more on the romantic aspect of the book as well, creating a perfect balance between this and the title.

-------

The Introduction

The book starts by showing us two of the main characters; Prince Gavrail and his father, the King. They play chess and Gavrail loses, proving the point of the father (If a king can't win at chess how can he win at War?)