Ishaqbaaz_008 review: An Odor Of Deception

Book name: An Odor Of Deception

Reviewer :Ishqbaaz_008

Author: Gossiplanet

---------

Cover:

Tuthfully, I would like to quote, 'Judge this book by this Cover'. This cover is one of the few exemplary covers I loved. This cover screams class and greatness. The beauty lies with the way in which the main characters cross their legs, opposite to each other.bThis clearly fits perfectly well with theme, with right amount of colours.

-------

Title:

The title is well thought and described. I had to read the title twice before I started.
One could easily confuse between odour and odor, I did the first time but I corrected myself diligently. It clearly had my attention and I couldn't wait to dive into the story. 

-------

Blurb:

This blurb has quite an essence of various elements. Using adjectives are appreciated but over using them clearly deviates the feel and essence of the story.

"Deadspit of his mistress's long lost daughter"

I wouldn't suggest you to use the word 'deadspit'. Instead the word identical would be better sounding.

"Tittered blanket"

I would suggest that tattered blanket would be better sounding.

------

Introduction:

The introduction was terrific. I loved the way you started of with a usual day and
unexpected event concept.

"The azure became greyish in the hope of bringing the distinct sun in view"

This line was kind of contradicting because a grey sky wouldn't be helpful to catch a
glimpse of the Sun, so I would suggest you to verify the adjectives at specific places.

I would suggest you to keep it simple while describing specific events. Otherwise, I
feel that you have expressed everything beautifully and intricately.

--------

Grammar:

I think you are perfect in this category. You have completely nailed it to perfection. I
would like you to have a little check on those pronouns as we all can make serious typing mistakes in that. Another little check on the punctuations would be great. I would suggest you to get the help of an editor as it would be easier for you.

-------

Plot and Originality:

The plot is incredibly built with great simplicity yet it is strikingly impressive. The way the story seems to twist and turn makes the readers hooked up to it. 

I would also like to mention the power you
have on your words. The words you use create a charisma to both the story as well as the readers. I really admire your ability to play with words.

-------

Characterisation and Development:

The characters are simple yet with a tinge of complexity filled in their demeanour. Truthfully, I love Ruby who is a strong independent girl with a the right amount of bluntness and boldness topped with beauty. She is an easily relatable character. I am sure she has her way of finding her way into your hearts. On the other hand, Joseph creates the much needed mystery both with his behaviour and actions. He seems simple and gentle but as the story unfolds his deadly plans and secrets do too. The writer has done a fantastic job and justice to the characters.

--------

Experience and Opinions:

In my opinion, this book has that right amount of humour. The book doesn't over do the jokes yet keep you entertained.

At some places, you use adjectives like
"dagger-like sharp look"
"detrimental plague"

This kind of seems to over exaggerate the emotions so be careful while using these.

------

Conclusion:

I loved this book. I think it was an entertaining experience and I learned a lot of new words. The writer has a wonderful writing style with which each scene stands out from the other. The storyline has an amazing atmosphere and the way of progression with each chapter. The writer's hardwork and talent clearly reflects through this book.

-------

Advice from Critics:

A little work on the usage of adjectives and punctuations can make this book the
best. Make sure to use the correct pronouns at certain places. Overall, the storyline is strong so keep doing this great job.

Let's thank the wonderful critic Ishqbaaz_008 for this amazing review! Thmak you to her client for signing up at the bubble reviews !