Emmiepooh2 review: Jihad

Book: Jihad

Author: 08_umm_waraqah

Reviewer: emmiepooh2

Hey, sorry about the slow delay. In this review I will be targeting pace, plot, characterization, target audience, readability, and enjoyment; just like you asked me to do.

~

Plot:

[Pace is discussed in this, as well]

Starting in chapter one, I see the plot is very solid. The pace seems a bit fast because of how many things occur in a short period of time. I recommend for you to add details about the scenes and the actions the characters are doing.

~

Characterization:

I see character development occurring for every character (even a tad) but not much for your main character. When filling in details I believe that you should discuss that. I do love how it got in the later chapters though for characterization.

~

Readers:

[Target audience and readability]

I believe the targeted audience through reading what you have so far would be 16+ and mature. I say that because of certain scenes now and yet to come. The readability is good, it can use some improvements with the grammar. Grammar affects the complete structure of a book, specifically the pace of it.

~

Overall Enjoyment:

Overall, I enjoyed this book you have written so far. I enjoyed that the length of each chapter wasn't short, they were a good length that had done a spectacular job of portraying various things not discussed in this review much. If I found this book in recommendations I would easily choose this just by the book cover (which is something I rarely do).

~

Advice (not focus):

I recommend that you should work on strengthening your blurb. I say that because it has good details but not that consistent flow needed for a book. If you need help you can always email me your blurb and I can give you views on it specifically.

However, I know this is your first draft of the book that you are writing. So, don't stress about it. When you start editing it, it will all become noticeable and possibly things I haven't mentioned will be worked on as well!! Good luck and keep up the good work!!!

 When you start editing it, it will all become noticeable and possibly things I haven't mentioned will be worked on as well!! Good luck and keep up the good work!!!

Thanks, Em! And thank you so much to our reviewee for trusting us with their book. When you guys get a chance, be sure to check out Jihad!