Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, Ross." He squawked.

"I don't apologise. You know that." I told him.

"Why?" He asked.

"I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I have nothing to apologise for. If your feelings were hurt, it's not my fault that you're so touchy." I told him with a shrug.

I opened the paper and on the front page was a picture of Dumbledore and three different articles on him. 

"And no one knows it was me." I whispered with a smirk on my face.

"One day, you'll be on the front page." Ross squawked.

"And then I'll be old news after a few weeks." I told him.

"You'll be remembered for hundreds of years. Like Merlin."

I looked at him and smiled. I stroked his black feathers.

"I may not forgive last night, but at least I'm not mad at you anymore." I told him.

He flapped his wings, making me move my hand from his soft feathers. He took off and gave his loudest caw, circling the hall and coming close to hitting students in the head with his wings. He came back to me and gave a squawking laugh.

"Have you seen Potter?" I asked Ross.

He told me that he hadn't seen him or his worthless friends at all since last year. But, if they weren't here, where were they? I took my wand from my pocket and thought about Potter. I flicked my wand and I was taken to a forest. 

Him and the mudblood were trying to destroy a necklace. I tried to get a closer look, but I felt resistance. Potter was throwing all of the destructive spells he could think of, but the necklace didn't obliterate like any other necklace would. Before he picked up the necklace and I was able to get a good look at it, I felt a sharp jab in my stomach, forcing me out of his head.

Back in my own world, I looked at Ross who continued to stare at me.

"He's not at Hogwarts." I whispered to him.

I pushed my breakfast away and pulled out a piece of parchment, ink and a quill. I began to write to Narcissa.

Dear Cissy,
I have retrieved important information that I  need you to pass on. The boy isn't at Hogwarts. He is currently in a forest trying to destroy a necklace. Send the snatchers to hunt for him. He is not at school. He is on the run. I think he's looking for something to destroy our Lord with.
Missing you, RL

I folded the letter and gave it to Ross. 

"Get this to Narcissa Malfoy. No one else, got it?" I asked him.

He took the letter and took off. I put my things back and looked at the timetable I was given. My first class was my Alchemy class with Professor Slughorn. I sighed and stood up, grabbing my bag and throwing it over my shoulder. I looked at my father who stood off to the side of the Hall, staring at me. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him.

"If you're just going to stare at me the entire time I eat, you might as well just watch me while I'm with my friends." I told him. 

"You need to learn to control yourself before you can be with people." He said.

"Why? I won't hurt my friends! What do you think I am? A monster?" I yelled at him.

"You can't be trusted around people, Lily!"

"I can't be trusted? Or you dont trust me? Because it looks like people trust me just fine! You're the only person who doesn't trust me!" 

"Your anger is too much for other people to handle. You can hurt people without intending to."