Chapter Eleven

December eighteenth, last day of the term, one week before the ball and I didn't have a date. I didn't have a dress. I didn't have accessories. I wasn't the only one in this situation too. Draco was without a date. He had his dress robes, but no date. Neither did Krum to be completely honest. He was a triwizard competitor and it was crucial that he had a date to open the ball with him, but he was still alone. If he had asked me, I would say yes, but he hadn't. And it's the same with Draco. If he asked me, I would say yes. As the date gets closer to the ball, I'd admit that I was getting a little nervous that I would have to ask someone. Did people hate me that much? I'm not complaining, but I would like to have someone to go to the ball with me.

I got up and got ready for classes. I changed into my uniform, brushed my teeth, grabbed my green cloak and bag before going downstairs to meet up with Draco.

"Good morning!" I smiled as I approached the tired boy.

"Calm down." He sulked.

"Awe why the pouty face?" I asked in a baby voice, almost mocking him.

"Shut up, Rava. I didn't get a good night's sleep." He sighed.

I laughed and took his hand in mine. I pulled him to follow me and we walked hand in hand to the Great Hall for breakfast. W sat in our usual spot and I got my toast and berries.

"Good morning, Raven." I heard Krum's voice call.

"Good morning, Viktor!" I smiled.

"There's that beautiful smile! I haven't seen it in a while." He exclaimed.

Krum sat down across from Draco and me and dug into some porridge.

"So!" I said, looking between the boys, "Who are you taking to the ball?"

They both looked at me like I had two heads.

"Well as soon as we found out about the ball you came to talk to me about it. I thought that was you pointing out that you would go with me." Krum said awkwardly.

I laughed. Loud.

"You should know that I need a direct asking! I'm not going unless you ask me with a straight forward question." I told him.

He nodded and I turned to Draco.

"Who are you going with?" I asked him.

"Rava, you're my best friend and I'm your best friend. I just thought that would automatically mean that we would be going to the ball together." He said.

"You two just love making assumptions, don't you?" I laughed, "Draco, you've known me for the longest so you should know that you need to ask me these things!"

He mumbled a small 'sorry' and went back to eating. After a couple minutes, Krum broke the silence.

"So, Raven, will you go to the ball with me?" He asked.

I looked up at him and he was giving me one of his charming smiles.

"No, she's going to the ball with me." Draco snapped.

"Let the girl answer for herself." Krum told him.

"So she's just another girl for you to play with like a doll?" Draco scoffed.

"Do not put words into my mouth, Malfoy." Krum said.

"She's a special girl."

"But I got to her first, why?"

"I was going to ask her while doing something special."

"Should have done it sooner."

"But I wasn't the only one who made an assumption. At least mine wasn't through a conversation of if you knew about the ball yet."