Chapter Nineteen

We arrived at King's Cross station with only five minutes until eleven o'clock. Auzilen and I ran through the wall with our things. My trunk in one hand and Ross's cage in my other. 

"Why does Father get to take another way of transportation, but we can't go with him?" Auzilen asked.

"Not sure, Stainface. Maybe you should ask him?" I suggested, sarcastically, walking past the girl and over to Draco.

"I don't appreciate the sarcasm!" She called to me.

I ignored her and approached Draco. He quickly spotted me and I stopped. I had that feeling again. Like my heart was being tied in a knot and thrown into my chest. This knot created energy and the energy grew when he began to walk over to me. When he did reach me, he placed his hand on my back and had me join him and his parents. 

"You should get your trunk on the train, RL." Narcissa told me.

I nodded and threw up my hood. The longer I could go unnoticed, the better it was for my entertainment. Today, I wore a black cloak, to sort of blend in with all of the students. I knew that everyone knew my green cloak, so I placed it in my trunk.
Draco and I reached the loading crew and I handed my trunk to them. I kept Ross with me as we walked back over to Draco's parents.

"You know I'm going to need you to write me when you get to school, both of you." Narcissa told us.

The train whistle blew. 

"That's our signal," I sighed, "We have to go."

Draco and I said our goodbyes to Narcissa and Lucius and we walked over to the train. We pushed our way through the crowd to get on. We walked a long way onto the train and found an empty booth to sit in.

"Out!" Ross squawked in his cage, which I sat at my feet.

"Once people stop walking in the corridors and get their seats. Then I'll let you out." I told him. 

"Keep the bird in the cage." Draco sighed. 

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window and out to the platform. I watched as the last of the kids got on the train. About a minute after the last kid got on the train, the train lurched into motion and we began to leave the station. The corridors became more busy for a couple minutes before it all died down and they were deserted. I reached down and opened Ross's cage. The bird quickly hopped out and turned into his human self. 

"I'm surprised none of your friends have come in here and sat with you guys." Ross said. 

"I'm a little surprised too. Should we go look for them?" I asked Draco.

"Do you want to get up and risk losing our booth?" he asked.

"Raven and I can go and you can stay to make sure we don't lose the booth." Ross said to him.

"Or you can stay and Raven and I can go." Draco said back to him.

"Boys, please. Ross, stay. Draco and I will go." I told them. 

Draco smirked at Ross before standing up and walking out of the booth. I followed close behind him.

"I thought you were going to give your bird to the loading crew and make them deal with him." Draco told me. 

"Ross is a person too, Drakie. He shouldn't be cage up like an animal." I said. 

"But he was a bird. He's used to being caged." He complained. 

"But he isn't now. He's just as human as we are. I think we should stuff you in a cage and see how you like it." I suggested to him.

"I think I'll pass." He declined.