Chapter Twenty-One

April first approached fast, O.W.L.s were coming up very quickly and Professor Umbridge was taking over the school a little more every day. She and my father we're quite acquainted, only becauase my father could supply her with Veritaserum to interrogate suspicious students. 
On April first, after classes were over, Draco and I did what we always did- We went on a hunt for people who looked suspicious. We quickly found a sixth year Ravenclaw, shuffling nervously down a corridor. The girl had curly strawberry-blonde hair, which was all I could see from the back. I could, however, hear the girl mumbleing to herself. 

"Do you know her name?" I asked Draco.

"That's Marietta Edgecombe. Her mother works at the ministry. She's a floo network regulator, and working with Professor Umbridge." Draco told me. 

I looked at her, a little uncertain.

"She looks suspicious to me, but wouldn't she be on our side if her mother works with Umbridge?" I asked him.

"Just because her mother might be, doesn't mean she is." He said.

As soon I heard that, I called after the girl. She quickly turned around, looking like she had just seen a werewolf.

"Where are you off to?" I asked her.

"I was going to see Professor Umbridge." She said quietly.

"What for?" I questioned.

"I need to report a broken rule." She said, quieter than before. 

"Tell us what it is. You can't tell her with that volume in your voice." I told her. 

"I just don't want my mother to get let off if I get caught with at the meetings that were supposed to be disbanded." She told us.

"What meetings? Be specific." Draco told her.

I held my hand up as I got an idea.

"No need," I told him, taking out my wand, "just keep your mind on the situation and I'll do all the work." I told Edgecombe.

I flicked my wand, focusing on the legilimens spell. I was dragged into her mind and was revealed to many scenes. A whole group filled with Gryffindors, Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. They practiced defensive spells, as well as a variety of hexes and jinxes. I was also taken back to Edgecombe being close to forced to sign a paper reading "Dumbledore's Army". An army against the Ministry, as some would believe.
I got out of Edgecombe's mind and looked up at Draco. 

"I knew it, and now we have living proof." I told him. 

We took Edgecombe to Umbridge's office, where Umbridge used Veritaserum to get the whole truth. Everything she told Umbridge, I knew from just looking into her head, but this time, we were given a definite location. The room I saw the group enter a long time ago, and the room we've been watching for months. I couldn't report it before, because I didn't have proof, but now I do and it will feel so nice to catch Potter red-handed. The entire Inquisitorial Squad and Umbridge marched our way through the school to where Potter and his army were hiding. We reached the wall that hid the Room of Requirements. 

"May I do the honours, Professor?" I asked her.

She nodded and I smirked as I pulled out my wand and pointed it at the wall.

"This is going to be fun." I said, "Bombarda!"

I hit the wall with this charm four times before there was a triangle-shaped hole. I could see a boy on the other side of the wall look through the hole, right at us. Umbridge pulled me back as she held her own wand up to the wall.