Chapter Twenty-Nine

McGonagall was deemed headmistress after I killed Dumbledore. She made sure my trunk and bird was sent to Malfoy manor, where I was staying for a long while. With the new title the Dark Lord gave me, I was trusted to hold meetings while the Dark Lord was away. I had the authority to tell our spies what to do and where to go. I also had authority to assign people to being spies for us. Because of this, we knew more than Potter could even imagine

 "Potter will be leaving his Aunt and Uncle's house tonight. He will be making way for the Weasley residence. We will be attacking tonight and I expect a full report when you return. Now, this isn't like most of our missions. It wont be just a few of us going. It will be the majority of us. This does also mean that there will be a select few who will not be going. This is the Dark Lord's orders, not mine. I will be approaching those who will not be going. If I approach you, I expect your total cooperation. Do I make myself clear?" I said to adults crowding the room. 

I found that the mumbles and nods that I received, were not to be accepted, so I continued my speech.

"I am hoping you know that my rank in this army is higher than all of yours. The Dark Lord trusts me, therefore I expect you to. I also expect, with my ranking, to be respected. And when I ask for an answer. I GET AN ANSWER!" I yelled, "NOW DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

The adults immediately straightened up and gave a clear 'yes'. 

"That wasn't so hard, now was it?" I asked them, composing myself, "We have four hours. We attack at one o'clock in the morning. Masks must be worn, and brooms must be polished and in their best condition. If these requirements are not met, there will be grave consequences. Now go and prepare yourselves. Do not procrastinate." I told them.

The voices washed over the room as people began to disperse out of the meeting room. My first task was done. Now I needed to go and talk to the select few who weren't going on the mission. I looked for the woman with curly black hair. I pushed past the crowd of death eaters and left to the living room to find my aunt conversing with Narcissa. 

"Auntie Trix." I said, walking into the large living room. 

"The meeting today was very professional, Raven. I'm proud of you. You're growing up too fast." Narcissa smiled, walking over to me and brushing the wrinkles out of my black cloak. 

"Hold on, Cissy," My aunt said, walking over to me, "You need to speak with me, Raven?"

"I do," I nodded, "You will not be attending the attack on Potter tonight." 

"What?" She asked, her voice low and clearly unimpressed. 

"You heard me. This is not my selection, this is the Dark Lord's. If you disagree, you can speak to me about it later and if there is further disagreement, you may take it up with the Dark Lord when he returns." I told her, "Now I must go. I have others to pull out of the attack." I told her. 

I left the two women to go find the other death eaters. I didn't like how we had a bigger group with us tonight. It made my job more difficult. I had to push through large crowds of death eaters that I wasn't used to. I just had to find five death eaters, and then my job would be done.

***

The death eaters returned only an hour and a half after they had all left. I had them tell me everything. I had found out that there was a small group, but they had used a Polyjuice potion to hide the real Potter. Potter's bird was dead and so was Mad-Eye Moody. Eventually they had figured out which one was the real one because he used expelliarmus, his go-to spell. Unfortunately, many of them escaped, including the real Potter. They had lost the group and made their way back here. 
I hated that they didn't do what they were required to do. All they had to do was kill Potter. That's all they had to do. It wasn't difficult.