Chapter Five

I woke up, gasping for air. The hoarse, voice ringing though my head. That other baby didn't concern me. It could have been a friend of mine that I stopped seeing. But I had to talk to my father about the last dream from last night. There was no way I was going to let him get away with this. The voice from the dream told me that it was his memory. I saw memories I had forgotten and one of my father's. As much as people would tell me they were just dreams, I knew they were too real to be only dreams. And when I saw the dreams or memories or whatever they were, I had recognised them as my own. I started to remember them happening. They were my memories. There was no questioning it anymore. It wasn't just a couple dreams. The only one I wasn't sure was a memory or a dream was that last one. I definitely wasn't one of my memories. 
  I jumped out of bed. I got changed into a green jumper and a pair of black jeans. I tucked my necklace into my jumper and rolled up the sleeves a little so my snake bracelet was showing on my wrist. I put on my flats. I pulled my wand from the drawer of my side table and put it in my pocket. I left my hair in its messy curls and walked downstairs to the lounge. I didn't expect anyone to be in there, seeing as I thought everyone left for Christmas. But that assumption was quickly proved wrong when I saw Flint and Higgs in the lounge.

"Good morning, Flint." I said, trying not to acknowledge Higgs. 

"Happy Christmas." He said, turning to face me from the couches.

"Christmas?" I asked. 

"Yeah, its the twenty-fifth today." He said, looking at me funny.

"Oh my goodness! It is isn't it?" I laughed, "Well happy Christmas!" I exclaimed. 

"Did I disappear or something?" Higgs asked.

Rolling my eyes, I began for the door, dodging Higgs' annoying voice.

"I'm going to my father's." I said to Flint and walked out of the common room. 

I walked down the hall and around a corner to my father's office. I knocked on the door and waited for a few seconds before the door swung open, revealing my father behind it.

"Happy Christmas!" I greeted him.

"We are going shopping for you today. Choose whatever you want." He said. to me in return.

I stood there shocked. He's never told me that we would go shopping together before. This was a whole new thing for me.

"You're not serious, are you?" I asked him.

That was a silly question. He's always serious. He's the most serious person in the world. 

"Do you want to go or not?" He asked me.

I nodded, smiling. We walked together up to the ground floor and walked out of the school, taking the path to Hogsmeade. We were just walking together, neither of us talking, just watching in front of us as we walked though the softly falling snow. It wasn't extremely busy in Hogsmeade, due to people being home, celebrating Christmas with their families. But I was with my father; my family. My small, broken family. For the first ten minutes, I did a little window shopping, just waiting for something to catch my eyes. But when it turned to ten minutes since we had arrived, I saw it. A beautiful, emerald green, hooded cloak with a silver fastening at the chest that looked like two connected leaves.

"Father," I breathed in awe, walking up to a clothing store's window, "look at it. Isn't it beautiful?" I asked, looking back at him.

I could see a smile trying to pull itself onto his face.

"Father, can we please go in?" I asked him.

He nodded and I jumped with excitement. I ran in and made my way over to a rack with that cloak. I touched the fabric and quickly found out that it was velvet. I was falling more in love with it by the second.