Chapter Twenty-Eight

*Shorter chapter*

June; The last month of the year. The last chances to fulfill the Dark Lord's wishes had caught up to us. Our time was limited and Draco couldn't bring himself to doing it. Since we became friends again, I hardly left his side. I only left him alone when he was with Astoria Greengrass. And even then, I barely let him out of my sight. I had become protective over him again. How it should have been, and how it should always be.

Draco and I peered out of the window we stood in front of on the fifth floor of the school. The sky was getting dark.

"You must do it. Tonight." I told him, "the Dark Lord is growing impatient. His whispers to me are getting louder."

"I know. I'm failing to gather the courage." He said, looking down to the ground below us.

"You're no Hufflepuff, Draco. You're a Slytherin. It's in our soul. This is what we do. We're supposed to grow into the most powerful dark wizards the world has ever seen. How are you supposed to do that if you can't kill one old man whose at the end of his life anyway?" I lectured him.

Draco stayed silent. He knew I had a point. I looked up at the dark sky.

"It's almost time." I told him, "Let's go get our aunt and the others."

He nodded and backed away from the window. I took his hand in mine and we made our way to the Room of Requirement. Here, Draco needed to do his part alone.

"I'm going to get my father. I'll be back." I assured him.

I have him a hug, then took off for the dungeons. I bolted down the stairs, jumping the last three of each flight. I made to the dungeons in my record time and quickly marched through the halls, pushing through the last few crowds of study freaks that didn't make it into Ravenclaw, just making it for curfew. I made it look like I was curious, but the truth was, I was burning with anticipation. I couldn't wait. If Draco couldn't do it, and my father hesitated for half a second, I got to shine. I got to prove my loyalty. My hunger for power burning in the pit of my stomach.

"Move! Move!" I yelled at the students, slamming my shoulders and elbows into every person I passed and pushing the random one or two out of the way.

I didn't care if I hurt anyone. I didn't care about the angry voices behind me. And I didn't bother to knock when I got to my father's office.

"Father!" I yelled, almost out of breath.

He glared up at me from his desk.

"It's time." I simply told him.

I knew that he knew exactly what I meant. He rose from his desk and followed me out of his office. We marched through the dungeons. The last few Slytherins who saw me ran into the Common Room, not wanting to get shoved again. My father and I raced up the stairs, just in time to catch up with Draco.

"They're coming." Draco said.

"I will wait here for them." My father said, standing outside the Room of Requirement.

Draco and I went up to the seventh floor walking through the halls.

"Rava, slow down." Draco hissed.

"Watch the way you speak to me, Draco Malfoy. And the sooner you're faced with the task, the less time you have to psych yourself out. Now keep up." I said to the boy who was falling behind.

He quickly caught up to me. When we reached the door that his the stairs to the tower, I turned to the boy.

"The Dark Lord chose you for a reason. Try, and if you can't my father and I will step in. But you must know, the only way you will get the Dark Lord's approval is by fulfilling this task. Isn't that what we want?" I asked him.