Chapter three

Halloween rolled around quickly. Everyday, my raven, whom I named Nusaeross, would drop off a copy of the Daily Prophet. Everyday, I looked through it to see if there was anything about my Auntie Trix. Everyday, I was disappointed.

"Rave, you're going to sit with us at the quidditch game today, right? Gryffindor versus Slytherin." Draco asked me, pulling me away from today's paper.

I crumpled up the paper, nodding.

"Hey, have you ever wondered if the Dark Lord really died?" I asked him.

He stopped eating and looked at me.

"Why would you ask me that?" He looked slightly nervous.

I shrugged, "I was just thinking, what if he was living off of other things to stay alive? It would make sense!" I explained to him.

If the Dark Lord was smart, he would do just about anything to live. I knew that could be one of the ways for him to live.

"Even if he was, Rave, what would he do?" Draco asked me.

"Get to the boy-who-lived." I said coldly, looking over at Potter.

Draco rolled his eyes and went back to eating.

"You think I'm talking nonsense!" I exclaimed, hitting his arm.

"I don't think you're talking nonsense-"

"Yes you do! Don't lie to me, Daco!" I warned him.

"We don't have time to talk about this. We have to get to the quidditch game." He said.

I sighed and stood up, following Draco and the others. We went back to the common rooms and got our Slytherin scarves. We all walked out of the common room and made our way toward the quidditch field.

"Follow me." Draco said, leading us up a pillar to get to the stands.

We stood at the front to get the best view. Soon the stands filled and the music began. The quidditch teams flew into the field. My eyes locked onto Potter as he flew around.

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first quidditch game of the season. Today's game, Slytherin versus Gryffindor!" The announcer, Lee Jordan, exclaimed. 

We all cheered for our teams. Goyle looked down at me as I clapped for our team. I looked up and smiled at the tall boy. We turned back to the game and watched as everyone took their positions. 

"Is this your first Quidditch game?" Goyle asked me, clapping for the team.

"No, my father and I used to go all the time." I told him. 

"Why did you stop?" He asked. 

"My father got busy." I said, looking up at where my father was. 

He, too, was clapping for the Slytherin team. I looked down at the field to see Hooch walking up to a shaking case. 

"Now I want a nice, clean game. From all of you." She said to the players above her

She opened the case and two balls soared out of it, followed by the golden snitch. Madam Hooch picked up the Quaffle and threw it up, starting the game. A Gryffindor stole the Quaffle and raced toward the Slytherin hoops. She got nudged by a Slytherin, but it didn't effect her as she raced around a stand and made her way to the hoops. Two Slytherins were close behind her, but not close enough to get the Quaffle away before she threw it into one of the hoops. A bell rang, followed by Gryffindors cheering for the team. 

"Angelina Johnson scores ten points for Gryffindor!" Jordan shouted.

As other players flew around, doing their job in the game, I noticed Potter just sitting on his broom doing nothing but clapping for Johnson. Not even attempting to search for the snitch or stay out of people's way. This made him an easy target for Bludgers. I drew my attention away from Potter as Slytherin held possession of the Quaffle. I watched Marcus Flint as he grabbed the Quaffle and raced toward the Gryffindor hoops, unafraid of kicking Johnson as she neared him, causing her to lose control of her spinning broom. Flint whipped the Quaffle at the hoops, but the Gryffindor keeper blocked the ball. The Quaffle was tossed between Gryffindors with Slytherins close on their tails. As a Gryffindor flew around the rings, she passed it to another player on her team, who threw it though the hoops, gaining another point for Gryffindor. Slytherins had possession of the Quaffle again. I could tell how ruthless our players were compared to the Gryffindors, but this ruthlessness was what was going to help us win. The Quaffle was thrown at the Gryffindor rings again, but was saved again by their keeper. I watched with excitement, as I caught a glimpse of Flint grabbing a beater's bat and swinging hitting a Bludger, throwing it to the Gryffindor keeper. This  wasn't a ball that the keeper could catch, as the Bludger hit the keeper, tossing him through one of the hoops and sent him falling towards the ground. He landed hard in the sand. The game continued. I heard Draco laughing, realizing he saw it too. I looked over at him, amused. The Quaffle was in the hands of Slytherins. Flint had it tossed to him after he jumped over one of the Weasel twins and landing perfectly back onto his broom. He threw the Quaffle into the hoops, scoring our first points because the Gryffindor keeper was no longer there to stop it. We all cheered for Flint as we heard the ring for the score. I excitedly watched as Flint and another Slytherin pushed up on either side of Johnson, who had the Quaffle. Throwing her off course, the two pulled away from her as she flew straight into one of the stands. The Slytherin who was with Flint took the Quaffle and hit it with his broom to get it into the Gryffindor hoops. The bell rang again, gaining us another ten points. My eyes were torn back to Potter and he began to quickly fly after something.