Chapter Ten

"Hey, Krum! Are you going to join Draco, me and the others today after classes?" I called to the Durmstrang boy a few spots down from where I was.

Viktor looked over at me, smiling.

"Sorry, I have an interview for the Daily Prophet with the other three. Tomorrow, maybe."

He always says that. I asked yesterday, 'I can't, tournament stuff. Tomorrow maybe.' And the day before, 'I can't. Tomorrow maybe." There was always a new excuse. 
 I went back to eating my sandwich in silence. 

"Do you know what I've always wondered?" Crabbe asked out of nowhere, as he continued stuffing his face with tarts. 

We all looked at him, waiting for him to tell us. 

"Has Raven ever had anything sweet or sugary?" He finished. 

I scoffed and shook my head with disappointment. 

"No, Crabbe. How long have you known me? You should know by now that I don't eat anything sugary except for foods with natural sugars. I'm not getting caught in that trap." I told him. 

"Not even cake on your birthday or chocolate on christmas?" He asked.

"None of it." I told him, "I'm very happy with Haltaks smoothies and veggie pies."

Crabbe looked disgusted in the sound of the veggie pie, but it was one of my favorites. When it was time for Defence Against the Dark Arts, we all got up together and walked to the class, quickly found our seats and waited for classes to start.

***

After dinner, everyone went back to the common room to settle in for the night. I was talking with Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Parkinson while doing an essay my father assigned.

"I think it's so stupid how my father has to assign me homework. He knows how good I am at potions! I don't think I should do it." I complained.

"We all have to do it, Rava." Draco sighed, leaning back on the couch and closing his eyes.

"But do you honestly think that I should need to do it?" I asked him.

I could see his eyes roll as he scoffed and turned his head to look at me.

"Just do it, Rave. Use it to prove to your dad that you're greater than he thinks you are." He said.

But it wasnt sincere. Like he didnt believe a word he said. I wasn't going to let him get away with it.

"Watch your tone, Malfoy. I am greater than he thinks. And I'm greater than you think." I snapped at him.

"Jeez calm down, Rave. I'm just tired of you complaining all the time." He groaned.

"Well if you're so tired of me complaining, go somewhere else with your little girlfriend." I scoffed.

"My what? You watch yourself, Raven." Draco warned.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, but before I could leave, a voice boomed above everyone else's.

"Silence! Attention!"

I looked over to see my father standing next to the Durmstrang's High Master, Igor Karkaroff. Of course I knew of their fall out many years ago, explaining why they were standing as if there where three people in between them.

"As most of you know, the tournament starts tomorrow morning. Saying this, there is no way to determine how long the task will take. It is my duty to tell the Slytherins and Durmstrangs that there are no classes tomorrow, but they will start again the next day as usual." My father explained.