Chapter Sixteen

Of course it wasn't my father because after seeing my father and then looking at Vexx, I saw Draco. During that moment, it was Draco and my father, but once everything was back to normal, it was a whole new professor. Of course after calling Vexx Draco, he knew it wasn't my father. Another way he could have known was the fact that the professor looked nothing like me. After everything was over and everything was back to normal, I sat at a bench at the front of the room. The room filled with seventh years who looked at me like I was a lost toddler. I quickly proved them all wrong though. I answered every question correctly.

"Can I be your partner?" A Pukwudgie asked me.

"I work alone." I told her, not looking away from my notebook.

She left me alone after that, but she wasn't the only one to ask me, and she wasn't the only one rejected.
After that class I quickly left and waited out the door for Vexx. He came and took me to my detention with Professor Lyle. He dropped me off at the office. I told him that I knew my way to the common room and to not come for me after the detention. So there I was, standing at the door of Professor Lyle's office. I knocked on the door and said goodbye to Vexx.

Vexx's POV

I left Raven at Mr. Lyle's office and walked to the common room. When I entered the room, I was ambushed by Persephone, Whisper, Prysm and Beth. They all dragged me in and sat me on one of the couches.

"We need to talk." Persephone started.

"It's about Raven." Prysm added.

"Raven and you." Whisper continued.

"But mostly you." Beth finished.

"What about Raven and me?" I asked them.

They all exchanged looks, then looked at Beth. She sighed and rested her elbows on her knees.

"I see the way you look at her. I know because you used to look at me that way, when we first met. I know you used to like me. But the fact is; she's still just a stranger to us." Beth explained.

"Guys, I dont want her to be alone. I'm the only person she trusts. I'm just scared of disappointing her." I told them.

"We know that. I'm so sorry, Vexx, but I just cant get behind you liking her. I've read her wand, I saw how happy she was when she heard the bad things that wand values. She's not a good person. She's just masking it." Beth told me.

"How can you look at the girl you like and tell yourself that you can't trust her? That she's going to tear you to pieces?" I asked them.

"Vexx, you know something that the rest of us don't know much about. Why did she call us by different names?" Persephone asked.

"Why did she call me Parkinson?" Beth asked.

I was quiet for a second.

"She misses her home. She has moments where she sees people differently than who they really are. We are all part of her group from Hogwarts." I told them.

"And who are you to her? Clearly someone who is more than just someone in her group." Prysm asked me.

"I'm her best friend. Draco and her have been best friends for twelve years." I said.

"It's more than just a friend thing, Vexx. She changes a lot when she sees you as that guy. She's not hiding with that guy. I saw it." Beth told me.

"The thing is, even though you like Raven; she is in love with another guy. With a guy from across the ocean." Whisper told me.

Maybe they were right. Why did she only trust me as much as she does when she sees Draco? She was in love with another guy. And that guy was not me.