Vingt

Harry was pacing the Room of Requirement anxiously the next day. Their schedules hadn't changed, meaning him and Draco still had the same free periods they had before. Draco had still not showed, and Harry hadn't seen him at breakfast earlier, so he was getting increasingly worried.

Finally, he heard the door open and close, and when he turned to greet Draco, he saw that the taller boy had tears streaks down his cheeks, and it looked as if he hadn't slept.

"Oh Draco, love," Harry said softly, rushing over but stumbling a couple times. "You let what Ron said get to you, didn't you."

Draco chuckled half heartedly. "You're still limping."

Harry flushed. "That is not the point. We're talking about you right now. Here," Harry said, walking over to the couch. "Come sit, Dragon."

Draco sat on the couch next to him and immediately curled into Harry's warmth. The comfort of his boyfriend made him feel worse about what he'd done the night before, and he felt tears sting his eyes.

"Dray, love, you know Ron didn't mean it." Harry said softly.

"He may not have meant it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's true." Draco said softly. "He's right, Harry. I'm just a death eater."

Harry wrapped his arms around his troubled boyfriend who leaned into the gesture. "You are not just a death eater, Draco. This," Harry said, tapping his left forearm. "Does not define who you are."

"Harry, I'm sorry," Draco sobbed into his shoulder. "I'm so bloody sorry."

"For what?"

"The second we get back, my mental stability tips over the edge and now I'm fucking depressed again, Harry I'm back where I started! I don't even know why it hurt so much, but I guess it reminded me of how much other people hurt because of me, I hurt innocent people Harry! Innocent people!"

"Draco, Draco, shh" Harry said softly, rocking me back and forth. "It's okay, Dragon, it's all in the past."

"Just because it's in the past doesn't change the fact that I did it! I hurt- I hurt-" Draco fell silent as he felt Harry press a kiss against his neck. "Why don't you hate me?" He asked quietly.

"What?"

"Why don't you hate me for everything I've done?"

"Draco, love, it wasn't your choice." Harry whispered softly. "You feel bad about doing those things, don't you? You're not a bad person, Dragon. I love you, remember?"

Draco's tensity loosened when he heard Harry say those words again. "I love you, too. So much it hurts." He paused for a moment. "Harry, remember the poem you wrote for me?"

Harry flushed. "I do. It wasn't my best work-" he paused as Draco handed him a folded up piece of paper.

"Can you read it to me?" Draco asked quietly.

Harry smiled brightly as he unfolded the paper and began to read....

"Lots of love, Harry." He finished, feeling Draco's breath calm except from the slight stutter that would happen every so often after you cried.

"I love your writing, Harry." Draco murmured sleepily. Has was tired, considering the fact he hadn't gotten any sleep the night before, and crying had worn him out. "You should become an author, I would buy all your books even if," he yawned, "even if they don't...." and like that, Draco was asleep.

Harry smiled at his sleeping boyfriend, ruffling his platinum blonde hair while he slept. He then decided to think about what Draco had said. "You should become an author."

It wasn't something Harry had ever considered, but taking the time to think about it, he liked the idea more and more.

He did enjoy writing, and he could publish the books he'd written about his life while in his horrific mental state of the summer. After redrafting them, of course.

Those books could make me a lot of money, Harry realized, beginning to run his fingers through his sleeping boyfriend's hair. Draco shifted to lay his head in Harry's lap and continued to sleep. They could also make it so people can't mess with my life. Change things and such.

Harry smiled to himself. He knew someone like Rita Skeeter would try writing a biography about him. Well, now she couldn't. He was writing his own story.

<><><>

When Draco woke up, he was in the arms of Harry Potter, who's hand was tangled in his silky blonde hair. He'd seemed to have fallen asleep, for his glasses were still on, and crooked at that.

Draco sat up slightly and took off Harry's glasses, placing them on the floor next to the couch. Checking his schedule, he was surprised to find he'd slept through an hour of his and Harry's free period.

Still tired he set a spell that would wake them up once the period was over and settled in Harry's arms again. Quite honestly, he couldn't wait till they got out of this school. Then they could do this all the time.

He closed his mercury eyes, and with a sigh of contentment, he drifted back off to sleep, his body hoping to regain some of the sleep he lost the night before.

<><><>

Harry woke up to an incessant beeping noise that annoyed him beyond explanation. He sat up quickly, waking up Draco, who was in his lap.

Draco muttered something profound before shutting off the magical alarm he had set with a flick of his wand. "We have to head off to second period, love," Draco said softly, nudging Harry who had laid back down.

"I don't wanna," Harry complained.

"It's the first day back to classes, it'd be a bad start if you missed your first class of the new year." Draco said with a small smile.

"But then I'll have to wait till Wednesday to see you properly." Harry whined. "That's too long."

After a lot of coaxing, Draco got Harry off the couch and out of the Room of Requirement. They stood just outside the door, wrapped in a tight hug before Draco eventually let go.

"Head to class, love. I'll see you later." Draco kissed Harry's cheek before striding off down the hall, regaining his Malfoy demeanor with ease. Harry wished he could recover from their meetings like that. Heaving a sigh, he made his way to the second period of the day, with no notice of the person behind the statue.

<><><>

Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy, huh? I thought it was weird at first, but I will admit, it makes even more sense seeing it the second time around. Astoria Greengrass was a Slytherin 6th year, who was previously in an arranged marriage with none other than Draco Malfoy. As far as she knew, the contract was off, but Draco had never broken up with her officially. So of course, you couldn't blame her if she got ticked seeing him with another person.

It's not that she didn't support the relationship, honestly, good for Draco for living his best life. She just wished she were informed first.

And so will the whole school when she reveals their relationship.

There's a super long update for you guys. Thank you so much for 1K+ reads on this thing! It means a lot.