Quinze

"Draco, come on, they're my family, they're not going to hurt you." Harry said, exasperated. It was New Year's Eve and they'd arrived at the Weasley's.

"Correction, they won't hurt you. I'm an entirely different story." Draco was overly anxious, despite taking a calming draught before they left Grimmauld Place.

"Well, what if hurting you hurts me? Then they can't hurt you. Come on Dray, let's just go inside already."

Right then, Molly opened the door, having seen Harry out the window. Draco quickly hid from her line of sight as she began to talk.

"Hello, Harry!" Molly said brightly, hugging the raven haired boy. "Ronald tells me you've brought your special someone for us to meet. Where is she, then?"

Harry grabbed Draco's hand and tried to pull him over, but he stubbornly refused to move. "He's right here," Harry said to Molly, still pulling on Draco's hand. "He's just being stubborn." He gave Draco a glare. "You're acting like a child."

"It's not like you wouldn't feel the same way if you were meeting my parents," Molly heard a voice mutter in response.

Finally, Harry gave a strong enough tug that Draco stumbled into Molly's line of view. He straightened up from nearly falling and grimaced when he saw the look on Mrs. Weasley's face.

"Is this a joke, Harry?" She said finally, after a long silence.

"Unfortunately, not." Draco said dryly. "Listen Mrs. Weasley, I would apologize for everything my family has done in the past however, I am not my family. I can however, apologize for how I've treated your family. So, I'm sorry."

Mrs. Weasley was silent for a moment before giving him a small smile. "Thank you for your apology. Well, come on in!"

Harry and Draco walked into the warmth of the Burrow, and were greeted by a ton of Weasley's who had come for the holidays. No one noticed them at first, and Draco was glad for that. He wasn't sure he could handle all the attention (and possible malice) without spiraling into a panic attack.

Harry grabbed his hand and gave it a comforting squeeze after intertwining their fingers. Draco gave him a small smile, before they were noticed by a certain Weasley and his companion.

"Harry! Glad you could make it!" Ron said, coming up and hugging the shorter boy. "Hello, Malfoy." He said in a stiffly polite voice.

"Hello, Weasley." He replied easily. "Thank you for having me."

"Come say hi to everyone!" Hermione said cheerfully. "They've been itching to see you and your 'secret lover' for a while."

Draco bit his lip nervously before Harry squeezed his hand reassuringly. "It's alright." He said softly. "They're not going to hurt you."

But the way Draco saw it, he was being led into a pit of angry ginger lions, and the thought did not comfort him. He shivered when he felt Harry rub his thumb on the back of his hand and took a shaky breath.

"Right then," he said. "let's go in."

<><><><>

"Hey everyone!" Harry exclaimed, walking in. He felt Draco flinch as his voice caused heads to turn their way. He rubbed a soothing thumb over his hand and he felt Draco relax slightly. He tensed up again when one of the Weasleys finally spoke.

"Uh, Harry," Ginny said, not being able to completely mask the anger in her tone. "What is Malfoy doing here?"

"Draco is here with me because you guys said you wanted to meet my 'secret lover.' So, naturally, I brought him with me." He said defiantly.

"You're dating Malfoy?" George said in disbelief. He was still beat up due to Fred's death, and it seemed Draco's appearance did not help.

"Yes, I am. Have a problem with that?"

"Harry, you two have enemies for years! Are you sure that would be a healthy relationship?"

"What do you expect I'm to do Ginevra? Beat him?" Draco said, speaking up for the first time. "Believe it or not, I have a heart, and it just so happens to belong to Harry."

There was a deafening silence at Draco's words, and he tensed up before turning to Harry. "Listen, maybe it was a bad idea for me to come, Harry. I can just wait at Grimmauld Place for you to come back."

"No, it's fine. Everyone's okay with you being here. Right?" He said, sounding slightly pissed off. The Weasleys nodded hesitantly. "Good. Now, come sit with me."

Harry led Draco to the couch and sat them down in front of the fire, hands still intertwined. Draco tried to ignore the deafening silence, which was only filled by the crackling of the fire as it burned away. He almost cried out in relief when the noise started up again, and he heaved a deep sigh before burying his head in the crook of Harry's neck.

"Everything okay, Draco?" He heard Harry ask him gently.

"It depends on how you define okay." Draco mumbled.

"Well, I define it as feeling relatively alright. Are you feeling alright?"

"I feel... I feel scared." Draco admitted. "I'm worried I might ruin your relationship with the Weasleys because they don't like me."

"Draco, that's ridiculous." Harry said softly. "If they cut me off just because of my relationship with you, I wouldn't want to talk to them anyways."

"You mean it?" Draco's moved his head mercury eyes could meet Harry's forest green ones.

Harry gave him a peck on the lips. "Of course I mean it."

Draco let out a flustered huff, and leaned into Harry again. The two didn't even realize the Burrow had gone silent listening to their conversation.

"Harry seems like he really does love him." Mrs. Weasley said quietly.

"And Malfoy loves Harry." Hermione said. "They really do love each other, despite their past. And according to Harry, Malfoy's helped him a lot."

"But are we sure he's not under a spell or love potion?" Ginny said. "Harry's never been the clingy type, but look at him now!"

Heads turned to look Harry and Malfoy on the couch. The two's hands were intertwined, Harry's head on Malfoy's shoulder.

"Ginny does have a point," George said. "Plus, if he's done something to Harry, we can get him locked up in Azkaban for good!"

"Now, now!" Mr. Weasley said, breaking into the conversation. "Don't go accusing Mr. Malfoy of things he likely didn't do."

"But what if he did?" Ginny said.

"Well, if he did, then love potions effects can be removed with alcohol. And we were planning to drink." Charlie said. "And Harry's legally of age to have thins like that, so all we have to do is get him to drink some."

"But what if it's spell?" George said.

"Malfoy's wand is still being monitored by the Ministry." Bill said. "So if he were to preform such a spell, he would've been caught immediately."

"Well then," Ginny said. "Someone go offer Harry a drink."