Treize

"Sorry about that," Harry muttered after his friends had left.

"It's fine, Harry, it's not like you invited them over." Draco said with a dismissal wave of his hand.

"I still feel guilty, though." Harry murmured. "I could've found a way to warn you, or told them to go away, or—"

"Harry." Draco interrupted. "What's done is done. It's already happened, so stop feeling guilty and focus on right now."

Harry took a deep breath and smiled at his boyfriend. "Well in that case, I'm going to order pizza for dinner, so we don't have to make anything. I know how tiring your attacks can be."

Jumping off the table, Draco entwined his fingers with Harry's, kissing his cheek. "Thanks for standing up for me back there." He murmured in his ear.

Harry gave him a lopsided smile. "Anytime."

<><><><><><>

It was after the pizza arrived and Harry and Draco ate. The couple was snuggled together on the couch in front of the fire,Harry's head on Draco's chest and under the blanket that had previously been used to cover Harry when he was sleeping. They were sitting in a comfortable silence, neither boy having anything to say. So they just watched the fire crackle and burn, both nodding off.

"Hey Draco?" Harry said suddenly, breaking the silence.

"Yes?" Draco responded softly, still half asleep.

"Can I tell you something?"

"You can tell me anything, Harry. Go ahead."

Harry took a deep breath. "I know this is kind of sudden, and you don't have to say it back, but I love you." He felt Draco stiffen underneath him, and he panicked. "Draco? Are you alright?"

When he turned his head to check on his lover, his lips were captured in a passionate kiss. Draco bit Harry's lip and took the opportunity to slide his tongue into the younger boy's mouth, earning dominance quite easily. When the two boys finally broke off, their legs were intertwined and Draco was on top of Harry, who was halfway sitting up against the armrest of the couch, catching his breath.

"No one's ever said that to me before," Draco said quietly, head buried in the crook of Harry's neck.

"You don't have to say it back—"

"I love you, too."

A comfortable silence spread over the couple again, a sort of warmth and acceptance settling over them both. The only sound that could be heard throughout the whole house was the quiet crackling and pops coming from the fire. Soon, the sound of Harry's quiet snores joined them, and Draco realized the boy had fallen asleep.

"You know what Harry?" He said quietly. "I think I could get used to feeling alright." And then Draco too, fell asleep.

<><><>

The next morning, Draco woke up to forest green eyes looking at him tentatively, but they brightened when Draco reached out to ruffle the raven black hair. "Draco, it's Christmas!" Harry exclaimed excitedly.

"I know, Harry." He chuckled. "I can tell you're excited. Do you want to eat first, or just go ahead and open presents?"

"Let's open presents first." Harry said decidedly.

The couple was almost done opening gifts. So far, Harry had gotten a journal with a beautiful red quill from Hermione, a pair of Dragon Hide quidditch gloves from Ron, his usual sweater from Molly, and a pack of chocolate frogs from Hagrid. Draco had gotten a lot of candy from Pansy, her claiming he had a wild sweet tooth (which he really did, but he wasn't going to admit that), a book on advanced potions from Blaise, and surprisingly a card from his mother, who was under house arrest at Malfoy Manor. He didn't go there over the break because he knew it would be triggering, and he didn't exactly want to see his mother.

There were two presents left. Draco picked up the one addressed to Harry and swallowed nervously. "Uh, so I got this for you. It isn't much, but it's something." He then handed Harry the gift, who unwrapped it. Opening the box, there was a silver chain with a heart shaped locket, and inside, Draco had shrank a picture he'd painted of them so it would fit the heart shape of the small locket. "I know it isn't a great present—" but before Draco could finish, Harry put a finger to his lips.

"I love it, Draco." He said with warmth in his eyes. "Now it's your turn. To open this present from me."

Draco gave him a relieved smile, and began to open the gift. Inside was a bracelet that resembled a dragon. Inscribed on the inside was a simple "I love you." With an incredible smile, Draco slipped the bracelet on his wrist. "I love it, Harry. I'm never going to take it off."

Harry gave a quiet laugh. "Likewise, Dragon." Draco flushed at the nickname, but before he could say anything, Harry climbed into his lap, head buried in the crook of Draco's neck. "Happy Christmas, Draco." He murmured. "I love you."

Draco couldn't help but tear up as Harry said those three simple words again. "Happy Christmas, Harry. I love you, too. So much."

<><><>

It was later that day when Hermione came to check on the couple when she found them in a similar position. They were asleep on the couch, Malfoy sitting up halfway against the armrest and Harry curled up in his lap with his head against the blonde's chest. Malfoy's arms were wrapped protectively around the smaller boy, keeping him close.

Hermione drew a little closer to inspect the couple, and found a locket that she'd never seen before wrapped around Harry's neck. Opening it carefully, she saw the painting Malfoy had worked on inside of it, which depicted them curled up together on that very couch, Malfoy reading a book and Harry writing in something. It was at that moment Hermione realized she may have been too quick to judge Malfoy's intentions in dating her best friend. Closing the locket, she walked back into the fire, and left the couple sleeping peacefully, comfortable in each other's embrace.