Onze

TW: Gay Slur, implications of abusive family

Almost 3 months had gone by since the start of the year, and Christmas Break was coming up soon. Draco didn't have anywhere to go, so he was just planning on staying at school. However, Harry, it seemed, had other plans.

"Hey Draco, you know Christmas break is coming up soon, right?" Harry asked his boyfriend, trying to mask his excitement.

Draco frowned. "Yeah, but I wasn't necessarily looking forward to it, considering i have nowhere to go."

A wide smile broke out on Harry's face. "What if you came and stayed with me?"

Draco's eyes widened. "At the Weasley's? I don't think—"

"No, silly." Harry cut him off. "At Grimmauld Place. It used to be my Godfather's house, but it's mine now! We can stay there!"

Draco's eyes lit up. "Seriously? You'd be willing to let me stay?"

"Of course!"

<><><><><><><><>

"So Harry, are you staying with Mum and us?" Ron asked as they rode the Hogwarts Express to Platform 9 ¾ for the holidays.

"No actually, I'm going to stay at Grimmauld Place for some alone time. Merlin knows I need it." He lied easily. He had prepared his story and argument for his friends so he and Draco could stay together.

"That's a good idea, Harry." Hermione smiled at him. "Is it alright if we stop by?"

Harry thought about it for a moment before nodding his head. "Just be sure to warn me first."

"Alright!" Hermione said. "Now, I was wondering if..."

<><><><><><><><>

When they reached the platform Harry waved to his friends as they left with Mrs.Weasley. He told them he left something on the train, so after they were gone, he rushed back on to find the compartment Draco was sitting in.

He found him near the back of the train, laying on his stomach and reading. "Draco," he said softly, as to not startle the boy, now knowing how anxious he can be.

Draco looked up at him before sitting up and giving him a smile. "I'm ready to go when you are." He said brightly. "We're side alonging, right?"

Harry nodded, and grabbed his hand before apparating both of them to Grimmauld Place.

As Harry looked around, he saw a very gloomy home that didn't even feel like his. It was dark and dusty, and hadn't been touched in over a year. Draco, however, saw past the grime and saw potential. He already felt more at home here than he had ever felt at Malfoy manor.

Harry was about to open his mouth to say something, but before he could, Draco pressed a kiss to his lips. "What was that for?" He asked when Draco pulled away. "Not that I'm complaining."

"Thank you for bringing me here." He said, eyes shimmering. "It may take some cleaning, but we can make this place our own for the break." Harry couldn't help but smile. It felt foreign on his face, having not smiled for a while, but he just felt so happy with Draco. He couldn't explain why, the feeling was just there.

"Well then," He said brightly. "Let's get to cleaning."

The first few days of Harry and Draco's break was spent cleaning. They even put on a new layer of paint, which was a lovely silver. Today, because the old ones were dusty and stained, they were going out to a muggle store to get new bed linen. It was too risky going to a wizard's store; it's almost certain Harry would get recognized. So to the muggle store it was.

When they entered, Draco looked around in awe. The muggles had adapted very well to life without magic. There were lights lighting up the store, and machines used to keep money.

"This is very impressive." Draco commented, glancing at Harry.

"Yeah, it's always interesting to see how muggles have adapted without magic." He replied. "Let's go look around."

"So their bed linens don't move?" Draco asked as Harry showed him one of the possible options.

"No, that would require magic." Harry said. "If you want, we can enchant it when we get home."

Draco shrugged. "I don't mind it. It seems easier to sleep without moving patterns."

Once they picked the bed linen (a solid midnight blue with no pattern), they went down an aisle to select decorative pillows, because Draco insisted on it. "Every home needs decorative pillows. They're neat."

While Draco was fascinated by an overly fuzzy pillow, Harry heard familiar voices that caused him to panic. "Draco. Draco, we need to leave." He said, panicked.

"What's the rush, Harry?" He turned to his boyfriend. "Is something wrong?"

"Harry?" A voice from behind them said. Harry winced. "Harry Potter?"

Draco's eyes snapped to the people behind his boyfriend. It was a couple and their obese son, who looked to be the same age as they were. "If you're here for autographs or something, he doesn't give those out." Draco said as the family drew nearer.

" Autographs? Why would Harry be giving out those?" The boy said. "It's not like he's famous or anything.

"Draco those are the Dursleys," Harry hissed through his teeth.

"Oh, them." Draco's eyes darkened. Harry had told him about them in one of his many rants which he used to get out his feelings. He usually ended up in tears by the end, and Draco would hug him and whisper sweet nothings into his ear until he felt better.

"So you're the Dursley's correct?" Draco said darkly. "For your information, he is famous, because he killed a homicidal maniac in a war, winning the war and saving the entirety of the wizarding world."

There was silence before Vernon said "Who are you supposed to be anyway?"

"Oh, no one. I'm just his enemy of 6 years and just now happen to be his boyfriend." Draco shrugged mockingly. "You know, no one important."

"So he's a freak and a fag?!" Petunia exclaimed. "I'm glad we got rid of him then!"

"You didn't get rid of me, I left myself." Said Harry, speaking up for the first time. "Because you treated me as if I were a servant since I could walk. You're horrible people." He then turned to Draco. "Get the pillows you wanted, and we can head back to Grimmauld Place, alright?"

Draco nodded briskly, before picking up a few pillows he had his eye on (including the fuzzy one) and they made their way to the cash register, leaving the Dursleys behind.

After they had made their purchase and were about to make their way to the nearby apparating station, they heard a voice behind them call "Wait!" Spinning on his heel, Draco saw they had been followed by Harry's obese cousin. Dumby or something.

"I'm sorry about that back there," Dumby apologized. "You know how they are, anything out of the normal and they get upset."

Harry shrugged. "I suppose I'm used to it by now. I'm glad you finally grew a mind of your own, Dudley." Ah, so it was Dudley.

Dudley then turned to Draco, who visibly tensed, but relaxed when he saw Dudley reach out a pudgy hand. "I'm Dudley Dursley, nice to meet you."

Draco hesitantly grabbed his hand and shook it. "Draco Malfoy."

"Well, I have to go." Dudley said. "I wish you both the best." And with that, Dudley walked back into the store, leaving the couple to apparate home.

Long chapter that was intended to be two at first, but then I decided they were too short, so take one really long one :P