Quatorze

I have a lot of pre-written chapters so here's a double update for you guys

Today was the day Hermione and Ron were supposed to come over after being shocked out of their wits by Harry and Draco's hidden relationship. The couple had just woken up in the bed with the midnight blue sheets, curled up next to one another tightly. Draco went to take a shower while Harry went downstairs to prepare food. Now that he wasn't being forced to do it, Harry quite enjoyed cooking. He was making pancakes when Hermione and Ron came out of the floo.

"Harry?" Ron called out when he didn't see his best friend.

"In the kitchen!" Harry called back. He smiled at his two best friends as they walked in.

"Why are you cooking, mate?" Ron asked. "I swear if Malfoy is making you—"

"He's not, Ron. He usually helps me anyways. He's just taking a shower right now."

"Oh."

"Sit down, food'll be done in a moment." Harry said, gesturing to the table. His friends hesitantly sat down on one side of the table, leaving two chairs open for Harry and Draco on the other side.

Speaking of Draco, he'd just gotten downstairs, and walked into the kitchen. "Oh, you're making pancakes? Did you put—"

"Yes I put chocolate chips in yours, you chocoholic." Harry said with a smile, flipping a pancake.

"I'm not a chocoholic," Draco protested as Harry dished out the pancakes.

"Keep telling yourself that, Dragon. Now go sit down."

Draco muttered something under his breath about not having a sweet tooth before sitting down across from Ron and Hermione, who both eyed him as if he were a completely different person. After Harry had handed out his food, he took his seat next to Draco, who was avoiding looking at Ron and Hermione across from him.

"So," Hermione said, breaking the silence. "How long have your guys been dating?"

"Three months about." Harry replied.

"Harry, I didn't know you were...."

"Gay, Ron?" He said irritably. "Don't be childish, it's not like it's a cursed word or anything."

"Malfoy, what's your sexuality?" Hermione asked.

"I'm straight, what do you think?" He said sarcastically.

"Draco, seriously." Harry scolded him.

Draco rolled his eyes. "I'm gay."

"I never expected you of all people would be gay, Malfoy." Ron said awkwardly.

"It was fairly obvious." Draco shrugged. "At least that's what Pansy said. And Blaise."

Silence fell over the table as everyone continued to eat. Harry took some of the whipped cream off Draco's pancakes and ate it which caused him to scowl at him. Harry gave him a lopsided grin, which caused Draco to smile too.

"I didn't know you could smile, Malfoy." Ron commented.

"Well it's not like I lack human emotions, Weasley." Draco said dryly. "I was just forced to grow up with an awful man who told me 'Malfoy's don't smile, Draco.' 'Stop crying, you wimp, Malfoy's don't cry.' 'Malfoy's don't laugh, Draco. If I catch you doing that again, you'll be without dinner again you ungrateful child.' I was told emotions were weaknesses."

Hermione's eyes were wide with horror, and Ron was silent in shock. No wonder Malfoy was such a bloody prat. He had no choice.

Harry, having heard this all before, frowned deeply. He didn't like Lucius before, but he most certainly didn't like him now.

"I'm sorry Malfoy, I didn't know," Ron said awkwardly.

Draco shrugged. "It's fine. No one knew."

"So to be clear, there are no bad intentions behind you dating Harry?" Hermione said abruptly.

" 'Mione," Harry protested. "No need to be so blunt."

"Nope. None." Draco said, eating another forkful of pancakes.

"One last thing," Hermione said. "Who else knows?"

"Just Pansy and Blaise." Draco shrugged. "Pansy thought I was hallucinating, but you know, she's Pansy, so." There was a moment of silence before Draco added "And it was her time of her month, so she was being bitchy. Not that she wasn't bitchy already, just more so."

Hermione looked slightly uncomfortable, before she said, "Well, Harry, Molly told me to tell you that you're requested on New Year's Eve. I'm sure you can bring Malfoy."

Harry and Draco exchanged a look before Draco spoke. "Are you sure I'd be welcome? I mean, I'm not exactly the expected partner of choice."

"You'll be fine as long as Mum approves of you." Ron said bracingly. "Of course there's Ginny, but I'm sure she'll be fine."

"But what about your father?" Draco asked. "Plus there's been a feud between our families for years—"

"Calm down Draco." Harry said, placing his hand on top of his.

"Right, sorry." Draco sighed heavily before leaning back in his chair and closing his eyes.

"What's up with him?" Ron asked quietly.

"Bad anxiety." Harry responded. "He's been on edge a bit lately."

"Pansy sent an owl the other day," Draco said offhandedly. "Said something about bringing potions ingredients from Diagon Alley...."

"Draco, go lay down for a moment." Harry told him softly

"Okay," Draco mumbled in response, leaving the room.

"He's really out of it...." Hermione said.

"Are you sure he's mentally stable?" Ron asked tentatively.

Harry laughed. "Of course he's not, but then again, neither am I."

Alright, there we are! Ron and Hermione's full reaction to the relationship. Harry is very sassy in this chapter lmao. Thank you guys for sticking around to read this for this long.