Dix-sept

The next morning, Draco woke up with Harry curled up next to him, sound asleep. It seemed he'd gone back to sleep just fine.

Sitting up in the bed, he drew his knees into his chest and rested his chin on them. He blinked a couple times to help his eyes adjust to the light, and looked at the bed across from them. Ron and Hermione were awake and sitting facing each other on the bed. They seemed to be discussing something.

Turning his attention back to Harry, Draco ran his fingers through the messy raven black hair. Despite how messy it was, the hair wasn't tangled in the slightest, and Harry quite enjoyed the feeling of Draco's fingers running through his hair.

Harry let out a small noise and leaned into Draco's touch, all while asleep. He was very peaceful, and Draco couldn't help but smile when he saw Harry curl up closer to him now that he was sitting upright.

"Malfoy," he heard a voice say. He turned his head and identified the voice as Granger's.

"Yes?"

"Me and Ron are going to head downstairs. When Harry wakes up, come for breakfast."

"Alright."

And then Weasley and Granger were gone. Running his fingers through Harry's hair, he felt tears sting his eyes. Not because he was sad, but because he was finally happy. His mind flashed back to 6th and 7th year, when Draco was depressed to the point of suicide. Not even an entire year later, he'd had Harry, who made him inexplicably joyful. He felt like he could never not smile with the Golden Boy around.

He heard Harry groan next to him, and removed his fingers from the raven black hair as he sat up, a dazed look spread across his face.

"What happened last night?" Harry asked softly. He flinched when he felt the headache register in his head. "Bloody hangover."

Draco gave a light chuckle and kissed his forehead. "I told you not to drink so much."

Harry buried his head in Draco's chest, mumbling something indistinct. "What was that?" Draco said.

"I said the light hurts." Harry groaned. "I don't wanna get up."

"Come Harry, when we go downstairs, we can get you a hangover potion, it'll help with your headache."

Harry moved his head away from Draco's chest and looked him in the eye. "Carry me." He said seriously.

Draco flushed. "Do what now?"

"Carry me." Harry repeated, dead serious. "You're the one making me get out of bed when I don't want to, and if you really want me to, you're gonna have to carry me."

"Harry, that's stupid." Draco protested. "It's your family-"

Harry put a finger to his lips. "You heard what I said."

Draco sighed, taking Harry's round glasses from the nightstand and placed them on his lover's face. He then slid an arm under Harry's knees and the other behind his shoulders. He then picked up the smaller boy, which caused a giggle to escape the Gryffindor's mouth. Draco felt his heart flutter as Harry giggled, but huffed in annoyance nonetheless.

"Happy now?"

"Harry gave him a smile, eyes still closed to shield them from the light. "Yes, very happy."

<><><>

Ginny turned to look at the staircase as she heard unusually heavy footsteps pad down the steps. This was explained when Malfoy appeared at the bottom of the steps with none other than the boy who lived in his arms.

She frowned when she realized that Harry was such a bottom that their relationship couldn't have worked anyway— JKJKJKJK

She frowned when she saw the smile Harry was giving the blonde, and realized that even if they had gotten in a relationship, she wouldn't have made Harry happy. At least certainly not like Malfoy could.

So with a deep breath, she accepted the fact that she and Harry would never be together, and decided to appreciate the smile on the boy's face, and the fact that he was finally, at last, happy. (Damn this sounds like I'm ending the story. I'm not, don't worry. There's more stuff to come)