Six

By the time Harry was heading off to second period, he was absolutely exhausted. He stumbled into Charms, legs weak.

After trying and failing for two hours to get Harry to keep some of the contents of his stomach down, he swallowed an entire biscuit without vomiting it back up.

Satisfied, Malfoy had escorted him to Charms and told him to try and eat more at dinner. Then, they parted ways.

"Harry, are you okay?" Hermione asked as he stumbled to his chair.

"Yeah, I'm fine, 'Mione," He said exhaustedly. "Just a little tired."

"Are you sure you don't need to go and rest? I can tell Flitwick you weren't feeling well."

"No, I'm fine." Harry said again.

"Alright..." Hermione looked at him uneasily but quieted as Flitwick began to teach the class.

<><><><><><>

When dinner came around, Harry looked at the food with unease. He knew Malfoy would want him to eat, but his stomach was still a bit uneasy.

"Going to eat, Potter?" A voice in his ear said. Turning around, he saw Malfoy looking at him with a glint in his eyes.

"I'm not sure I can manage anything else," he admitted in a hushed tone.

"Try and drink then," Malfoy suggested before briskly walking away.

"Harry, what was that about?" Ron asked. "What did Malfoy want?"

"If he was bothering you, I'm completely willing to punch him in the face again," Hermione added.

"No, it's fine," Harry assured them. "It was just our normal exchange of insults."

His friends looked at each other uncertainly, but Harry ignored him. He couldn't help but appreciate his rival. He was trying to help him despite their differences. Maybe, Harry realized, he is trying to change.

<><><><><><>

The next day, Harry met up with Malfoy again during his free period. This continued for the next couple of weeks, and Harry was slowly gaining back his weight.

It also seemed, he was gaining a new friend.

<><><>

"Potter," Malfoy greeted him as he walked into the Room of Requirement.

"Hullo, Malfoy." Harry responded, a small smile on his face.

"How are you feeling?" He asked politely.

"I'm alright, I suppose." He sighed. "Physically, at least."

Malfoy's smile dropped. "What's wrong?"

Harry's heart fluttered at the worry in his voice. "I guess I just feel really down. I don't think there's a reason behind it."

"Alright, then." Draco smiled at him sympathetically. "Is there anything you need?"

Harry hesitated for a moment, before speaking softly. "Can I have a hug?"

"What?" Draco turned a little red.

"A hug," he repeated, also blushing now. "Hermione and Ron don't really give many to anyone but each other now."

Draco gave a soft smile. "Come here, Potter. I suppose everyone needs a hug every now and again."

Harry went up to Draco and settled in his arms. They sat like that for a long time. "Harry." He said.

"What?" Draco looked down at him.

"Harry, call me Harry."

"Okay Harry," Draco smiled. "Call me Draco."

<><><><><><>

Harry couldn't explain the fierce hatred burning inside his heart. He just knew he had to take it out somehow.

He got up and something knocked to the floor. Sirius's pocket knife.

Perfect.

<><><><><>

I swear I'm not dead! Just struggling with school at the moment. Yes I know the knife was destroyed, but let's say he repaired it, but it lost it's magical abilities. Okay? Okay.