Chapter 37: Our Last Hope

Start from the beginning

Black closed his hand around a ki ball as Zamasu closed in on him. Once Zamasu got close Black swiped his hand in front of him and a spread of multiple ki blasts hit the kai at point blank range. The explosions covered both Black and Zamasu in smoke once more but the cloud was quickly dispersed as the two began to exchange a flurry of blows once more.

Black was far stronger than he was when he fought against Goku and Vegeta from his timeline, but this Zamasu's transformation into their Merged form was capable of fighting against Vegito to some extent. Black wasn't at that level of power yet.

Zamasu dodged a strong left from Black and threw an even stronger punch into his stomach. Blacks face widen as the air in his lungs was forcible ejected from him. Zamasu pulled his fist back slightly and opened his closed fist forming a small ki ball as he did so. He fired the blast at point blank range, sending Black flying through the air with a massive explosion.

Black flew through a part of Beacon and came out the other side. He hit the ground and bounced off it into a roll before coming to a halt with his face in the ground just a few precious yards away from all of his friends who all were watching with horror on their faces.

Zamasu floated to the ground behind him,"I told you." The kai gloated walking near Black.

The pink haired warrior put his hands on the ground and tried to raise himself off the ground but Zamasu put his boot on the back of his head and smashed him back into the concrete creating a crater the size of Black's head. "You have fallen so far from the glorious road you travelled. You have allowed them to make you weak, worthless, and worst of all.....they made you one of them, mortal. You live among them, talk with them, take orders from them.........love them. How disgusting, I can scarcely believe that you were once me."

Black's hands gripped into the concrete, pulling some off it with them as they balled into fists. He mustered up all the strength he could and began to raise his head under the pressure of Zamasu's boot,"I was never you.....that glorious road you say we traveled is nothing but a lie built of the musings of a idiot who doesn't know the first thing about what it means to be alive......If I am mortal now, so be it!" Black screamed as he raised himself up more and more. Everyone watched with hope and wonder in their eyes, at least the ones that knew about his past. Zamasu only listened with a slightly shocked look on his face due to the fact that Black was forcing himself up,"They have made me strong, they made me compassionate, they showed me forgiveness, they showed me what its like to have FAMILY!" Black looked up as Mich as he could to find that Winter was now right beside Gohan and Trunks, her face full of worry. Black's angry expression changed to a smile,"They taught me what its like to love....." Winter couldn't help but return the smile. "So yes, maybe I'm not a god anymore.....but I would rather be a compassionate mortal than a heartless god." Black finished.

Zamasu looked down at him before adopting a frown. "Foolish mortal."

The kai stomped down, pushing Black's face back into the ground. "You are just be another failure that I have to correct.....but before I do, I will make you suffer for the path you have chosen."

Black forced his face to turn under Zamasu's heel,"You say that they taught you to love......you mean that she taught you how to love." Zamasu eyes looked up to Winter who's own eyes widen.

Zamasu's heel left Blacks head as he shot forward. Gohan and Trunks could barely even see him move.... Black was the only one who could see him.

He was mere feet away as Black forced himself up, trying to get himself to Winter before Zamasu when a memory came to his mind.

The world seemed to slow as he went off the memories and his bodies instincts. He quickly jumped forward, a wave of heat rushed over his body as the air began to wisp around him and his energy began to stir around him and pulse through him.