Chapter 23: Luck

Black jumped to the side of the train, just narrowly dodging Trunk's blade. Trunks followed after him stabbing the sword through the side of the train.

The sword got stuck in the thick metal when Trunks tried to pull it back.

Black used this to kick Trunks backwards, away from his sword and Yang.

Black quickly shot towards Yang and picked her up.

"Hey! Leave her out of this!" Trunks yelled assuming Black was still evil.

Black ignored him and began to focus on Blake and Weiss.

But Trunks had other ideas as he grabbed his sword and yanked it from its confinement and charged at him.

Black looked back unable to focus now as he was worried for Yang's safety.

He twisted as quickly as his could readying himself to take the blade but something stopped it.

The sound of metal scrapping metal pulled Blacks attention.

A woman clad in Black and Red with a mask that looked like a Grimm. She had long Black hair and a blood red katana holding back Trunks sword.

Black was shocked at her sudden appearance.

"What are you waiting for, take her away." The woman calmly told him.

Black quickly refocused on his teammates and instant transmissioned to them.

He put Yang down when the other two saw him.

"YANG!" The two girls ran over to him in fear.

"Don't worry she's alive, just try to get her up and then get on top of the train, help Ruby and Oobleck. I have a fight to finish." Black told them coldly, unhappy of Trunks endangerment of Yang, before he instant transmissioned back to the fight.

The woman had dodged a sword swipe from Trunks before sheathing her blade in her large scabbard which had a rotating column of dust crystals.

It landed on a color before she unsheathed it.

Black appeared by her side and quickly assumed a stance.

The woman looked at Black but he couldn't tell if she was shocked or not but by the way here aura flared in his senses, he could have guessed she was.

Trunks growled before he pulled his own sword back into his sheath. He started to move his hands together slowly building up power.

Black was getting ready to defend but the woman asked him something that threw him off.

"Is Yang safe?" The woman looked at him.

Black turned his head slightly. "Yes, she's with my team now."

The woman let out what Black assumed was a sigh of relief before she drew her blade again.

Trunks finished powering up and extended his hands straight in front of him.

"Burning Attack!" He fired the blast straight at them.

Black was about to jump in front to block the attack but the woman sliced her sword from her sheathe creating a red portal in front of them, sending the blast somewhere else.

Trunks wasn't expecting that and looked at it in shock.

"Thank you for protecting her. Perhaps I will find you later, your strength is remarkable." The woman told him while she sheathed her blade and jumped through the portal shutting it on her way.

Black was left to stare at the space the portal was when Trunks charged forward.

Black dodged his fist just barely and pushed Trunks backwards to get some distance from his old enemy.