Chapter eight: Not my style

The entirety of the first year students including Black were on a bulkhead on their way to a forest called Forever Fall to collect something from the tress.

Black really didn't know he wasn't listening but actually dozing off.

He felt the ship lurch forward like it had landed and he opened his eyes.

He and the rest of the students filed out and into the forest which took Black's breath away.

It was very beautiful. And very......Autumn colored.

"Oh wow its so pretty!!!!" Ruby freaked over the beauty of the forest.

"Yes very much so." Black agreed.

"Alright students, you can take in the view later, but right now you need to get on your assignment, Grimm are riddled in this forest so be careful." Glynda told them and they dispersed into the forest.

Black walked around following team RWBY and JNPR.

The two teams started to collect jars of something that came from the trees.

Black sat down and watched out for any Grimm. After a while he noticed only 7 of the 8 of his friends where there.

'Where's Jaune?' Black thought.

He started to look around and saw him behind team CRDL carrying seven jars of the strange liquid from the trees.

Black just stared still and focused all his attention on them.

They were on a higher hill a little ways away just out of Blacks hearing range.

Black frowned wondering what they were up to.

Back with team RWBY and JNPR, Pyrrha and Ren were collecting more sap from the trees.

"So, what do you think he's doing?" Pyrrha asked Ren.

"Who? Jaune?" Ren looked at her.

"No, Black. He's just.....sitting there looking off into space."

"I have no idea, he seems to be focused on something but I guess only he knows what." Ren guessed before picking up another jar and collecting more sap.

Pyrrha looked over at Black who was looking off in another direction.

Black focused in on team CRDL and Jaune's ki signatures and then he felt several small vile ones.

His frown turned to a angry one.

'What are you planning?'

Suddenly he heard Jaune yell no and threw the extra jar of sap at Cardin.

Blacks frown turned into a quizzical look.

Black stood up and looked dead at the group.

"I will never hurt or betray my friends like that!" Jaune yelled out.

Cardin lifted his hand to attack Jaune but Black grabbed it.

"What! Where did you come from?" Cardin framed out and tried to remove his hand from Blacks grip.

"You will be dealing with me now. Jaune......I'm glad to see you came to your senses. So what were these idiots up to?"

"They wanted me to throw that sap at either you or Pyrrha because you both had shown up Cardin."

Black released Cardin and let him jump back near the rest of his team.

"Why would they even think about using you to do that?"