Chapter 33: An Old Technique

The finals had just begun with Yang and Mercury starting off the final day of the Vytal festival.

"Come in Yang you can do it!" Ruby cried out for her sister.

Black was shouting for his old teammate. Winter was even giving a few shouts for the girl.

Vegeta was sitting up for once as Yang gave the boy a hard hit that nearly knocked him out of the platform they were trading blows on.

"Come on Team RWBY!" Black shouted down at her.

Yang dodged a flurry of kicks from Mercury before blocking a hard over hit.

"Come on! We trained for this Yang!" Weiss yelled out to her.

"Remember all that hard work in the forest!" Ruby called out.

Mercury started to spin on his hands while firing bullets from his boot....thing creating a cyclone of white blasts that he then fired at Yang.

Black stood up on his feet when the flurry of blasts hit Yang,"Come on I've hit you with harder! So has Vegeta!"

Winter chuckled at his eager involvement while clapping for the fighters.

Yang activated her semblance as she dispelled the smoke from the blast and coming full force at Mercury with a hard gut punch.

"Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" Black shouted.

Yang blocked a left kick from Mercury before hitting him with a quick double jab to the chest and stomach. She slipped her foot next to his before kicking it from under him and following it up with a hard punch to the face that sent him rolling backwards with a broken aura.

The buzzer sounded with Team RWBY jumping up in excitement and Black pumping his fist,"Yes!"

He smiled in happiness that his training as well as Vegetas paid off.

But his smile faded as Yang turned quickly with a angry face and was about to throw her fist down at the defenseless Mercury.

He quickly shot down in a flash of black and purple aura and caught her fist,"Yang! What are you doing?!"

Yang's red eyes snapped back to their regular color as her semblance dropped and she looked around in shock.

"That girl tried to attack me! Thanks Black!" Mercury thanked his savior.

"You attacked me first!" Yang shouted at the downed Mercury.

Winter had made it down to the arena with a group of guards and Atlas robots,"Stand down, Yang Xiao Long!" Vegeta even landed behind her, albeit with a softened expression that he would usually bear.

Black crossed his arms looking st for an explanation, "Didn't you guys see him attack me?" Yang cried out at them before looking up at the replay screen to see herself looming over Mercury about to blast him in the leg.

"But....that's not....that's not what...happen..." She suddenly said quietly.

Black noticed her sudden shock at the replay and raised his hand,"Its alright Winter, I'll handle this."

-Team RWBY's dorm-

"What the hell were you doing?!" Ironwood yelled at the seated Yang.

"I was defending myself!" She shouted back.

Black leaned up against the wall next to Vegeta and Winter who were watching Yang intently.

"From what? A beaten kid?!" Ironwood paced back and forth in front of Team RWBY, each of whom were sitting on their beds.