Chapter 22: The more the merrier

Black and Vegeta had made it back to their campsite, Weiss, Blake, and Yang were talking to each other, Ruby was in a large crack in the top of the building taking the first lookout watch of the night. She waved at the two before resuming her watch. And finally, Doctor Oobleck was sitting near the man Black had brought in earlier, presumably taking care of him.

The two landed fairly close to the three talking members of team RWBY startling them.

"Whoa!" Yang jumped up.

Blake shot backwards and Weiss fell over.

"Sorry about that." Black said will scratching the back of his head.

Weiss shot up and slapped Blacks arm repeatedly for scaring her and then she started to question him about what had happen while still hitting him.

While Black tried to explain, Vegeta walked over to Oobleck and the man Black had brought in.

His face widen in shock when he saw him.

"G-Gohan?" Vegeta said almost silently.

Oobleck, however, heard this and looked up at Vegeta.

"Professor, it seems you to share a link with the young man that Black brought in, care to tell me about him and perhaps what happen in the battle that we felt some time earlier."

Vegeta regained his normal face before sitting down on the other side of Gohan, across from Oobleck.

"We found Baby." Is all Vegeta said at first.

"Yes I could have guessed that much, and by the tone you have I'm guessing he got away?" Oobleck asked.

Vegeta growled and gripped his fist tightly.

"Heh, I'll take that as a yes."

Vegeta scoffed and turned away from him.

"He was fighting him-" Vegeta pointed to Gohan "- a......friend of mine."

"You care to tell me more about that?" Oobleck questioned.

Vegeta shook his head. "Sorry." He told him before crossing his arms.

Black on the other hand had pulled the three into a safe enough range so that Oobleck wouldn't here him.

"Alright, spill what happen?!" Yang walked him on the arm.

"Why does everyone keep hitting me today?" Black asked them.

They gave him a hurry it up look.

Black chuckled nervously.

"Alright then, I guess I'll start with the fight." Black told them leaning up against the wall and sliding down to the ground.

They sat down around him.

"We found Baby inside Mountain Glenn, but he got away right before we could finish him off."

"That bright light earlier and the shaking, what was that? Was it you?" Blake asked him.

"It wasn't me, it was Vegeta. He transformed to fight baby and the light and the shaking came from him powering up."

The three looked back to Vegeta who was sitting down with his arms crossed and his eyes shut.

"So he is as strong as you..." Yang said.

"Maybe, but I haven't gone full strength since I got here. I'm hoping for a good rematch for the two of us at the Vytal Tournament."

"Sorry Black but teachers don't fight." Weiss told him.

Black looked at her before hanging his head and sighing.