Haruhi X (Shy) (Fem) Reader

Requested by Bittyrain17! Thanks for your request!
Bsf/n=Best friend name
Haruhi will be referred to as a 'he' in this since no one but the host club knows about Haruhi being a 'she'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meet Y/n L/n. An amazingly smart girl. Some would even call her a genius. Most everybody in her class would want her help when exam season rolled around. However, there was one small problem with that. Y/n was extremely shy and didn't like, or know how, to really talk to people. 

"Y/n come onnnnnn!" Your best friend whined. "Just come with me just this once. The boys are a bit...forward. But I think you might actually have a good time. Help you break out of this shy thing you got going on." 

Y/n frowned and immediately tried to come up with an excuse. "W-what?! No way Bsf/n. I-I have studying to do." 

"Pfftt! That's a flat out lie and we both know it! You never have to study. Well, at least not that much anyway. I know you have time to spend with me. You just don't want to go and see new people because you're shy and scared of new people." 

"Hey..no..that-that's not true!" Y/n exclaimed, her face flaring up due to embarrassment. "I just-"

"Yeah you were just about to come with me." Bsf/n said and grinned cheekily, grabbing Y/n's wrist and dragging her to music room #3.

"Bsf/n-stop!" Y/n exclaimed, trying not to trip and fall as her friend dragged her through the hallway. 

"Nope!" The energetic girl told her, a wide grin on her face. Bsf/n pushed open the door, shoving Y/n inside. 

*Y/n POV*

As the doors to the music room were opened, I was forcefully pushed forward. As I felt my feet trip up underneath me I knew I was going to fall face first onto the floor. I mentally prepared myself for the impact but it never came. Instead, something worse happened. 

A stranger wrapped an arm around me and held me up. 

"Oh my! Good thing I was here. I would hate for such a beautiful princess to fall down." A smooth voice called to me. 

I looked up to see a very handsome young, blonde boy holding me up. 

"Ah! I-I'm so s-sorry!" I exclaimed, frantically trying to regain my composure and bow to apologize. 

"What are you apologizing for my lady?" The blonde asked with a flirtatious chuckle as he tried to walk towards me once again. 

I backed away and looked behind me in hopes of Bsf/n saving me. But it turns out that she was gone and off with some other member of the club that looked more like an elementary school student. 

"Traitor..." I thought as I glared at her back. 

I turned my attention back to the boy in front of me, however, on boy had turned into three. Two of them looked exactly alike. Twins I'm guessing. 

"A-ah! P-please back u-up." I stuttered, my face heating up as I looked down and tried to back away from the situation. 

"Hey all of you back off!" I heard a new voice exclaim, a voice that sounded a bit of a higher pitch than the other ones. 

"Oh come on Haruhi, we're just introducing ourselves to the new girl." One twin said. 

"Yeah,  no harm done. Just being friendly, right new girl?" The other twin asked, putting an arm around my shoulder. 

My face turned red again as I quickly shook his head. "Um I-I don't..." I couldn't find the words to complete my sentence as I got flustered and panicky 

"Guys! Can't you see she's uncomfortable? Leave her alone right now." Haruhi said lowly, making his way through the other boys to get to me. 

"Oh I know you! You're the really smart girl from my first period!" Haruhi said with a bright smile. "C'mon. I'll get you outta here." He said and smiled again, lightly taking my hand and leading me away from the chaotic mess of the host club. 

"T-thanks Haruhi." I mumbled, a small blush on my face as we made our way to a corner in the room where not many people were gathered. 

"Anytime Y/n.  Are you alright Y/n? Able to calm down now?" Haruhi asked softly, tilting his head. 

"Y-yeah I'm good now. Thanks again." I said, looking over at my new friend as we both sat down. 

"Really there's no need to thank me. You're my friend right? I'd always help my friend." He said and smiled at me. 

I blushed once again, but not out of embarrassment this time, but due to being flustered. "So you consider me a friend?" 

"Of course I do Y/n! We're classmates aren't we?" Haruhi said with a kind and soft look

I nodded with a wide smile, agreeing. "Yeah of course! Maybe we could hang out more?" I asked, looking down for a moment. 

"O-oh! Yeah sure. Maybe we could go out together and do something?"

"G-go out...?" I asked shyly, glancing over at Haruhi. 

His face flared up as he quickly waved his hands around. "T-that's not what I meant Y/n! I'm so sorry if you took it that way." He ranted, looking away. "I mean...maybe you could take it that way. If that's okay with you..." He said, biting his lip with a small smile. 

"A-are you a-asking me on a-a date?" I asked, my eyes wide and my cheeks red. 

"Uh, yeah actually I guess I am. If that's okay with you that is." Haruhi said, obviously nervous and scared of rejection. "Maybe we could just study together sometime?"

I was honestly shocked. I didn't have any friends, let alone have anyone interested in me! There's no harm in giving him a chance right? "Yeah sure! We could meet up at my house after school one day?"

"Yeah that sounds good to me." Haruhi said, reaching his hand out. "Give me your phone and I'll put my number in." 

I quickly nodded and gave Haruhi my phone. 

"Okay well, I-I'll text you later I guess. See you later Haruhi!" I said happily, ecstatic that I actually have a date with a boy. 

*3rd POV*

Tamaki frowned as he watched the scene play out in front of him, walking over to Haruhi. "Haruhi...that wasn't cool of you. What is Y/n is straight?  You should've told her you're a girl. You're just playing with her feelings." He said, a disappointed look on his face. 

Haruhi sighed and looked towards the door, watching Y/n's form disappear with Bsf/n. "I know..but I really like her. She's so shy, which makes her cute. She's smart and kind...Like you said what if she is straight then doesn't want anything to with me anymore...?"

Tamaki sighed and sat next to Haruhi, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I understand Haruhi. But if she has true feelings for you and really wants to be with you, then she'll love you no matter what gender you are. Just, just think about it okay? You have to tell her eventually."

Haruhi bit her lip and nodded. "I know. I'll tell her. Just not now..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked it Bittyrain17! It might not have been what you were expecting, but I hope you enjoyed anyways.