Midnight X Slave Reader

(Requested by Epple-chan! Thanks for the request!)

"Y/n!" You heard Brain call.

You jumped and ran to him, kneeling in front of him.

"Yes Master?" You asked. 

"Go see Midnight. He wants to see you." 

"Yes Master." You said and left to go to Midnight's.

You knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" You heard a rough voice ask.

"I-it's Y/n. Master said you asked for me?" You said shyly.

You would never tell anyone this, but you had a crush on the darkness mage. You should've known better, but you just can't help it. You tried keeping your distance, but since you were a slave of the guild you had to follow orders by whoever gave them to you. You also knew that it would never happen with you two. He was the top mage in the guild, you were a slave. That kind of romance dream would never come true.

"Come in." He said.

You walked in nervously. "W-what did you need?" You asked. 

You got no response, but Midnight grabbed your arms harshly.

"Why do I feel like this?!" He shouted. 

Your eyes held fear in them. "W-what do you mean?"

"I mean every time I'm around you I feel different! Why?!" He yelled. 

"I-I don't know. W-what do y-you feel like?" You asked. 

His grip tightened, and you winced. 

"I don't know! My heart seems to beat faster, and I can't keep my composure!" 

"I-I don't know why! B-but y-you're hurting me." You said.

He looked at his hands on your arms and noticed how hard his grip was. "Oh sorry." He said and let go of your arms. 

"Every time I'm around you, I feel weird. What is that feeling?" Midnight asked surprisingly calm.

"I t-think I k-know what it is." You mumbled. 

"What is it? Tell me!" He demanded.

You shook your head. "I-I can't." You said.

"Remember you're a slave here. You do what I say. Now tell me what the feeling is." He said.

"Alright. It's love." You said.

"Love?" He asked. "What is that?"

"It's a feeling you get when you're around someone special." You said smiling, and looking at the ground. "You always long to be around them, and feel happy when you are around them. It's a really good feeling." You said quietly.

You were still looking at the ground, so you didn't notice Midnight was walking toward you until you felt a hand on your cheek, lifting your eyes to meet his. 

"So you're saying I'm in love with you?" He asked in the same voice he always has.

You blushed deeply. "I-I guess? I-if you f-feel that way a-around me t-that is." You said.

"Well," He said and tilted his head to the side. "do you feel that way around me?" He asked. 

You blushed and tired to move your head, but he held his hand on your cheek. "P-possibly." You mumbled. 

You saw Midnight smirk slightly. "Is that a yes?"

You couldn't speak because of how flustered you were, so you just nodded your head and moved your eyes to the side. 

"Please look at me." He said. 

You slowly moved your eyes to look into his. Once you two made direct eye contact, you saw his close, and a soft pressure on your lips. Your eyes widened.

"W-what the heck?!" You thought. "Midnight is k-kissing me?!"

You heard laughter from the other room. "Butt out Cobra." 

You just heard more laughter.

"I feel that way around you as well Y/n. So I guess you could say I love you." He said with a small rare smile.

You were surprised your heart didn't jump out of your chest with how hard and fast is was beating. 

"I-I l-love you t-too Midnight."

You flinched, waiting for him to say it was all a joke and can't believe that he would ever love you in return. 

Instead, you felt arms wrap around your waist and hold you gently. It took you a minute to realize Midnight was hugging you. 

"I love you Y/n." He said again. "You make me happy. You make me feel feelings I've never felt before. Good feelings."

"I love you to Midnight. You make me feel those feelings too." You said and hugged him back just as gently.

*Extended Ending*

"I can't believe this is happening." You thought happily.

"Believe it princess." 

"I thought I told you to butt out Cobra!"

"Since when did I listen to you."

"I hate you."

"I know."

(There we go! I'm so sorry for my absence of writing and updating!! I don't know why, but I haven't had any motivation at all to write. I'm having a hard time being able to just sit down and write a story. I'll try to update some more tomorrow.  Anyway, I hope you liked it  Epple-chan!)

Stay Gold! (Do any of you get the reference?)