♥︎~ChapϮer ℰɨghϯεεɳ~♥︎

~The  Calm~

She swallowed the redden water with trembling hands until there was nothing in the cup. Would her reaction be the same as before? Dahlia hated the violent reactions she use to receive with the old tablets she consumed. Currently she felt somewhat nauseous, but that was due to her own overthinking and paranoia getting the best of her.

Resting in her bed, she decided to let the feeling pass by taking a slight nap. Closing her eyes, she allowed her mind to relax.

Just for a moment...

〜〜
She remembered the big warm touch on her cheek that sent calm waves from within. From what she could make out, the person was a male with an imposing figure even when crouching to level with her. She could feel her cheeks spreading into a large smile while her hands clung onto the warm hand. Despite not being able to recognize his face with the red drawn scribbles that made it hard to see any feature other than his brown hair, she felt at peace in his presence with his touch. She clung to this feeling.

There was still something painful about this moment. Something that made her eyes burn with tears that did not want to come forward and wrench her heart up painfully in her chest. Eventually tears blurred her vision further of this unknown man. Was it because she missed him? Was there some underlying pain she had yet to remember?

When arms wrapped themselves around her frame she began to cry loudly into his embrace. The embrace became heavier with more arms wrapping themselves around the toddler body.

"Find her..."

〜〜
Eyes opened into a squint before widening and taking in the dark surrounding. There was a knock on the door that came every few minutes. Realization settled in and she eventually trudged to the door. Opening it she met Takuma's smiling features.

"Dahlia-san, it seems you were not able to make it to class today. I hope everything is okay with you." Eyes widening in horror, the teen girl looked to the clock in her room and could make out for herself the late hour of the night. Apologies spilled out of her lips with a bow to follow. The Vice President continued to smile kindly at the girl before him.

Placing a hand on her shoulder, he reassured her it was fine.

Eventually, the blonde left with Dahlia staring after his retreating form and eventually followed in his direction. She flinched at the sight of the eyes when she came downstairs. So many aristocrats aimed their gazes towards her that she backtracked out of nervousness under their piercing eyes. I-I'll just just come back down later.

She retreated to her room where on her way, she met an exiting Kaname. With a bow she stuttered out a greeting to the Pureblood vampire who has been making her nervous as of late.

There was a small smile on Kaname Kuran's beautiful face that appeared once he saw the other occupant of the empty hall. He made sure to close his door before coming towards her where he towered over her.

"Dahlia, I saw you weren't able to make it to class today."

"I-I'm sorry about that I fell asleep! I won't let that happen again, I promise―" He cut her off with a slight laugh and the placement of his hand on her head.

"It's fine, Dahlia, just make sure to come to me for anything. I'll be there if you need me." He spoke. With a slow nod, she thanked him and bid him farewell.

Just as she was about to enter her room, Kaname stopped her for a moment. "Yes Kaname-san?"

"Those blood tablets I gave you, are you adjusting well to them?" Dahlia paused to think for a moment before nodding. "I'm glad. Please continue to take them regularly to become more accustomed to the tablets. If there is any problem, come find me."

She thanked him again and watched him leave with Seiren appearing at his side. Slowly she entered her own room and exhaled in relief.
〜〜
It was an odd feeling in the air that woke her. She stared at the darken figure groggily, first questioning how she even fell asleep then eventually realizing someone was intruding.

"Your stench is allover Kaname-sama." The voice was all to familiar to Dahlia, in the exact same tone as before. "Good evening, Souen-san, is there anything I can help you with." Her voice slightly cracked from just waking up.

Ruka's sharp, red gaze continued to stare at Dahlia even if the room was dark. The small girl slightly wondered if that was a trait she would eventually develop. Maybe then she could fit in with the others in their nocturnal world.

"I thought I told you stay away from him. It's already enough that you're allowed to live a little longer since being bitten, but you're now clinging onto a Pureblood to save yourself from being eradicated. It's really disgusting." She snarled.

Her heartbeat sped up under the tall girl's growing anger.

"And what was the Headmaster thinking! Suddenly bringing a soon-to-be Level-E with no memory onto campus and claiming to adopt her out of nowhere. Is he trying to risk the exposure of vampires to the Day Class students so easily?"

A lump formed in Dahlia's throat as she processed the beautiful aristocrat's words.

Out of nowhere?

Dahlia swallowed her nervousness under the imposing aristocrat in front of her and said, "Excuse me?"

Ruka ignored her and instead pointed a finger at the girl in her bed. "Just stay away from Kaname-sama, this is the last time I will warn you. You're a risk that we can't be responsible for and if I see you-" There was knock on the door that interrupted the fuming vampire.

"Uh... Come in!" Dahlia called from her spot on her bed. Ruka frowned and stared at Sora who entered the room. He narrowed his eyes at the tall woman and waited for her to leave.

With a slam of her shoulder into the male's, Ruka was out of the room. Sora watched the aristocrat for a moment in temptation to kill her.

What did she mean?

Turning to look at the brunette girl he noticed her lost in her thoughts.

The Headaster... adopted a Level E out of nowhere?

"Oi!" Dahlia was surprised at the pair of blue eyes that stared up at her from his crouching position in front of her. Sora examined her for a moment before getting himself up to his tall height and towered over her. "You alright there?"

She slowly processed his words and quickly showcased him a smile. "Hai! Sorry about that, Sora-kun, was thinking for a moment." Finally lifting herself out of bed, she looked up to the tall male and asked, "Was there something you needed?"