♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Ʈωø~♥︎

~Dahlia~

There laid the girl, her body and face covered in layers of bandages as she slept the days away. Her leg was put in a plain cast, elevated by pillows that were placed underneath carefully.

Looming over her, Zero raked over her features.

Zero harshly glared at her, staring at the many puncture holes on her neck that trails over her shoulders and on her slightly exposed torso. His gaze soften at the painful sight and looked away.

He had pointed the gun at the girl because she had smelt of that woman. The same woman who bit him and made him what he despised the most.

With a finger, he touched a bite mark and flinched. He could smell the sweet scent the girl emitted, the scent of her blood as it coursed her veins.

Snapping his hand back, he clutched his throat as his heart throbbed, the desire to bite into her slender neck and drink the sweet blood she had was there. Slowly, he inched towards her.

A blush rose to his cheeks as he found himself just inches from her with a hand slowly reaching to her neck. Quickly, he pulled away and was surprised when her small hand held onto the collar of his shirt, her hand shaking as Zero looked down at her.

Her bottom lip quivered as she held onto him. "Wh-Where am I?" She softly asked. He stared down at her, not able to comprehend the situation.

Clearing his throat, he tried pulling her hand from his shirt but it was useless seeing that she had a tight grip on him.

"You're at Cross Academy." A voice suddenly came. Zero jumped and turned to see the Headmaster walk in, pushing up his glasses as he walked closer to them.

The girl's hand loosened on the shirt and slowly fell to her side as she sat against the headboard of the bed. Zero glanced at the Headmaster and then back at the girl.

"Are you feeling better?"

"I think I'm alright..." She softly responded.

"Excellent! I was worried you might be in excruciating pain." He smiled at the blind girl's direction, "But I'm concern with the damage caused to your head. I am not sure if it is due to it being a very traumatic event or your head had sustained a heavy blow to it, but it seems that you lost your memories."

"Oh..." She softly murmured.

"Yeah, but don't worry about it. We should all be glad that you're now safe."

Her lips curled into a soft smile. "Yeah."

"Now! Since you can't remember anything, I'll fill you in. You are Dahlia Cross, my beautiful young daughter, and this here is," Kaien paused and grew a large smile, "This here is Zero Kiryuu, your boyfriend." Zero snapped his head to the man and growled in warning. Kaien only laughed and gave a wink to him before quickly making a getaway. Zero cursed after him and glared at the door.

His lavender eyes then snapped over to the young girl whose skin seemed flushed. Zero's eyes widened, and he, too, became red. He lifted his hand over his face and hid his blush.

"About what the headmaster said..." Zero began. She snapped her head towards his direction and nodded.

"I'll do my best at trying to remember so that I won't be a burden on you." She softly said with a small smile in place. Zero opened his mouth to object, but closed it when the words did not seem come out.

"Get some sleep." He finally said. He turned on his heel and headed to the door where he flicked the lights off. With one last look, Zero looked over his shoulder and stared at the girl who fell back into slumber. From the distance, he could hear Yuuki calling him and quickly, he slipped out of the room.

〜〜

"Um... excuse me?" Dahlia spoke as she heard Kaien shuffle around the room. The straw-blonde man paused and looked over at the girl.

"Yes?"

"This... accident that I had, what was it?" She timidly asked. The spectacled man frowned, sadden.

"I'm sure you are aware of the existence of vampires, no?"

"Va-Vampires?" She softly gasped and tapped on her lips with her bandaged fingers. "It sounds like I do know of them..." She spoke.

Kaien pushed his glasses up as he sat on a nearby chair. "Well, to put it shortly, you were bitten by a Pureblood and nearly killed by a group of Level E vampires."

"Somehow, I'm able to understand these groups of vampires..." She lowly whispered. A shiver ran up her spine, quickly shutting her mouth and quieting down.