♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Ƒɨⱴε~♥︎

~LittIe Girl~

A little girl sat on a big bed alone. Her body shook as she held in her sobs.

Who is this girl... and why is she crying all alone? I want to... comfort her...

Looking up, the small girl looked up with teary big eyes. "Will you read it to me?" She asked, holding out a big book in her small chubby hands.

And that book... it's familiar...

"No one wants to read it to me... will you read it?"

"They never came to read me bedtime stories, they never came to see me when I was sick.. He didn't even come either... Not even on my birthdays. I was always alone with no one to be by my side. They didn't care-"

Waking up in cold sweat, Dahlia felt warm tears run down her cheek. Wiping them away, she felt her heart clench in pain. Something about her dream felt real, real enough that she felt the pain of the little girl.

Sobbing, she felt a hand rub her back in a calming manner. Looking up, she saw Zero sitting on her bed beside her, awkwardly comforting her. Sniffing, she smiled.

"Thanks." A light red hue swept across his cheeks as he looked away.

"Whatever." He lowly murmured.

When morning came Dahlia waved as Yuuki and Zero headed out for school. The Headmaster stood behind her with a pan in hand and a wooden spoon.

"It's about time we check on your condition, don't you think?" The Headmaster grinned.

Dahlia looked up with her fork touching her lips. "Yes." She smiled as she finished up.

"It's still healing, but by tomorrow it should be as though it was never broken. Your cuts are healed though, so we'll have to remove the rest of your bandages later. Now for your eye." He said as he reached for her eyepatch and examined her eye.

He knitted his eyebrows together. It was fine. Her eye was there as though an anti-vampire weapon had not injured it just a few days ago. Odd...

Stepping back, Kaien took the eyepatch off and set it aside. "You should be better by tomorrow." He concluded. Dahlia smiled, her two beautiful blue eyes gleaming in excitement as she nodded.

"But about the blood tablets..." Kaien began. Dahlia looked up curiously at the blonde man as he rubbed his chin. "Your body seemed to not fully register it, how about trying it later on. You should be able to consume it by then."

"I understand." She smiled softly.

Kaien nodded with a smile. "Good."

When noon came around, Dahlia made her way to the restroom where she stood in front of the sink with the small white box in hand. Slowly, she took out a tablet and looked at it. Would the same reaction occur?

That question kept running through her mind over and over again. Gulping nervously, she placed the tablet into her mouth and drank a cup of water. She squeezed her eyes tightly shut as she felt the tablet travel down her throat and dissolve.

Seconds passed and there was no reaction. She sighed in content before suddenly gasping for air. Her chest tightened and she felt as though her throat was on fire.

Air, she needed air, her lungs were practically screaming for oxygen. With wobbly legs that were about to collapse from underneath her small body, she gripped onto the porcelain sink for support.

The faucet ran and with a shaky hand, Dahlia filled her empty cup with water before bringing it to her lips. The cold liquid soothed the fiery sensation in her throat and helped her regain the ability to breathe. Gasping, Dahlia slid down onto the cold tile floor and rested against the wall.

The door slowly creaked open and in walked Zero. He froze when his gaze fell on her petite form on the ground. He quickly went to her side and helped her up.

Her eyelids fluttered close as her body went limp in his arms. Just before she fell onto the floor, Zero caught her and held her in bridal position. He brushed her hair back and noticed how sickly pale she seemed under the dim bathroom light.

Sweat ran down her skin and her breathing came out ragged. Quickly, he carried her out into the campus and seated her on a bench by the garden. It was almost sun down and there was girls from the Day Class hurrying around.

Zero sat beside Dahlia who slowly slid to the side. He gazed at her, his lavender orbs studying her as she rested against his shoulder in a peaceful slumber.

She began to regain color in her face and he could hear her slow, even breathing. Sighing, Zero stared in a daze, pulling her closer to him.

Girls who were hurrying to the gates of the Moon Dormitory, stopped and watched in amazement at the two on the bench. Zero, the cold, unsociable boy in their class who no one dared to go near other than Yuuki, was sitting on the bench with an unknown girl who leaned against the silver-haired boy. To them, it looked as though they were a couple. Quickly, they hurried on their way and squealed.

Glaring after them, Zero grumbled to himself as he settled in. A small, light blush rose to his cheeks as Dahlia held onto his arm in her sleep.