♥︎~ChapϮεɽ ℰɭεⱴεɳ~♥︎

~An Ex-Human~

"I'm... in the Night Class now? W-Why is that?" Dahlia asked. Kaname offered a smile as he reassured her that it was to protect her from harm and to protect the secret that there was vampires in the world a secret.

Nodding, she was put to rest so that she would be able to recuperate, the Pureblood informing her that she could find him in his room next door if she needed something, but that was days ago.

Now, she was currently getting ready to prepare for what was to come later, when she finally would get to start her first day of class as a Night student. A rough knock caught her attention, Dahlia quickly opened the door to reveal a tall female who glared down at her.

"Yes, can I help you?" The petite girl asked.

"You're merely a low-leveled vampire, yet Lord Kaname pays so much attention to you... Why is that?"

"I-I'm sorry." Dahlia shook in place as the tall woman loomed over her with an angry look, intimidating the petite female.

"You better be. Lord Kaname is to kind for his own good, so even if he wanted to, he can't refuse helping the likes of you. Your just a burden." With a final glare, Ruka walked off.

Dahlia bit her lip as she closed the door, her eyes trained on her feet as she walked over to her bed.

Taking off her slippers, she crawled into the big bed and sighed. She's right... I should stop burdening others.

Nodding to herself, she closed her eyes and drifted off, forgetting the excitement she had felt earlier and the preparation for her classes later in the evening.

A warm hand caressed her cheek. Cracking her eyes open, Dahlia stared into a pair of brown-red eyes and softly smiled.

"Hello..."

"Are you feeling sick again? You're sleeping with your uniform on..."

She shook her head and slowly sat up. "No, I'm fine today." She smiled despite the soft throbbing in her head and painful squeezing in her chest.

"Really, now? Well then, you best get ready, class is about to start."

"Yes." She grinned. Kaname watched the short girl and headed for his dorm room next door, closing the door behind him.

As she finished getting fully dressed, her small, delicate fingers softly worked on the buttons of her jacket, wanting to look presentable and proper.

I can't wait! I wonder how the Night Class differ from the Day Class... Do they study really hard? Are the teachers really nice? I just can't wait! Her mind raced with many optimistic thoughts.

"Dahlia-san, it's time for us to head out." A voice informed her, snapping her out of her thoughts, her smile widened as she exited her dorm room and greeted the Night Class Vice-President.

〜〜

Dahlia flinched at the loud screams that pierced the air (and her ears). Unsure what to do, she nervously held her hands together while lowering her head to the ground.

Glancing up at times, she saw Zero who was helping to keep a few of the girls that surrounded the area back. The brunette couldn't help but smile. She had notice that her group had pause in the middle of the crowd, so assuming that it would be alright, Dahlia bounced off towards the silverette and tugged on the fabric of his jacket.

"What do you want now–?!" He snapped, pausing when he saw it was Dahlia. "...Dahlia?"

"Zero, it's good to see you! I was surprised to see that they moved me to these classes. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Night Class, sounds a bit fun. It's to bad I can't go to class with you and Yuuki, I really liked being with you guys."

Looking down at her, Zero said nothing.

Sister? Could they really be siblings? They look nothing alike... If anything, she looks more like Yuuki or like that damn red-headed vampire, nothing like that Kuran.

Glancing back towards the male pureblood, Zero scowled.

"Zero?" He felt a tug at his sleeves. Looking down, Dahlia was looking up at him and the crowd behind him. The large crowd of girls were trying to sneak by him and were pushing one another roughly, wanting to get closer to their idols.

Grunting, Zero patted Dahlia's head. "You should get to class before you get left behind on your first day of class."

Pausing for a moment, the young female thought before nodding. "Alright, but I do hope to see you and Yuuki soon." She flashed him a smile before going back to the group.

Her small frame squeezed between the unknown group of vampires, taking small glances over to Zero and Yuuki who were gradually becoming smaller and smaller as the distance grew. Holding back a sigh, Dahlia continued to walking, her blue colored eyes trained on the ground.

"You..." Dahlia's shoulder bumped into the body of the speaker, her timid gaze on the tall male.

She stared up at his, impassive eyes, frightening her. She clutched her hands to her chest while letting out a soft apology. The male only stared at her, examining her from head to toe. Her eyes widened when he held a lock of her hair in his hand, his face inching towards her.

"U-Um ex-excuse me..." She stammered out. Finally the boy pulled away, ruffling his mahogany colored hair.

"You were that girl... the one who was in crutches..."

"Huh?" She knitted her brows together, utterly confused.

He stared into her eyes, examining her closely. "Hey, Senri..." Rima softly called. Realization flashed across Dahlia's face and she held a finger out towards him.

"Senri Shiki? The one I kept making late?"

The male stared at her before giving a curt nod. Her eyes widen.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to– Please forgive me! I-If there is anything that I can do to make it up–"

He gave her a blank look before giving her a curt nod.

"Is Senri here giving you any trouble?" A voice interrupted. Attention went to a blonde male. He smile genuinely to the small group before looking towards the newcomer.

She furiously shook her head.

"N-No, no! I'm the one troubling him," Dahlia turned towards the impassive male, "Sorry." She muttered. Before anyone could respond she gave them a quick bow and then hurried off into following the other students.

〜〜

"Dahlia-san?" Her gaze flickered to the bright blonde Vice President who stood at her doorway.

"Yes?" She pulled away from her desk.

"Lord Kaname wanted me to check up on you."

Confusion spread across her face.

With a small smile, Takuma came a bit closer. "He wanted to see how you are holding up with everything."

She had a pensive look before a smile broke out.

"Everything is great!"

"That is great," He softly chuckled. "I'll make sure to rely that on Lord Kaname. Please rest well, it is getting quite late."

Dahlia gave him a small nod and watched the Dorm Vice President leave slowly. Her eyes scanned the closed door and turned back to her desk, still a bit confused.

"Didn't I see Kaname earlier today?"

Silence answered her. With a small sigh, she shook her head. It was probably nothing.

〜〜

"Oh, I just hope that Dahlia won't be mad." The  blonde muttered. Hanabusa glanced over to him and smirked.

"Well, you did lock the girl in her own room," Takuma frowned, "But the girl is naïve, she won't get mad at you for something like that." Hanabusa laughed to himself.

"Plus, it's Kaname-sama's orders. He doesn't want her out when your grandfather is here. It would be bad if she was seen by Ichijo." Ruka rolled her eyes.

Takuma fell silent.