♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Ƒøʉr~♥︎

~Healing~

Dahlia sat in the bathtub with her eyes closed where, behind her, stood Yuuki who washed the girl carefully.

"I'll be right back Dahlia." Yuuki said as she stood up. The currently blind girl nodded and listened as Yuuki's footsteps disappeared.

Slowly, Dahlia settled into the warm water and sighed as she felt the water get warmer, unaware of how it was turning red.

"Sorry about that-" Yuuki screamed as she saw the bloody water. Dahlia snapped her head up at the sound of Yuuki.

"What happened Yuuki?" She asked.

Yuuki didn't respond. Kaien bursted through the room and Zero came in behind. They looked at Dahlia who was huddled in the tub and their eyes widened as they saw the water. "Zero, get her out of there!" Kaien barked. Zero quickly snatched a nearby towel and wrapped it around Dahlia's shoulders before lifting her out. The towel slowly turned red as it touched the water. The towel clung onto Dahlia's figure, red puddles of water decorating the white tiled floor all while she was being carried out.

Kaien unclogged the tub and watched as the red liquid disappeared, sighing in relief. He scrutinized the girl before looking at Yuuki. "Yuuki, can you give Dahlia a quick clean and then patch her up? I think some wounds might have re-opened up." The brunette nodded, motioning Zero to put Dahlia back in.

←Meanwhile→

A sweet, mouthwatering scent wafted into the Moon Dormitory and every vampire stopped in their tracks.

The sweet scent made their mouth water and a certain Pureblood frowned. It was a familiar scent, one that haunted him.

Impossible...
〜〜
Dahlia peacefully slept, unaware of Kaien and Zero who loomed over her. "Her cuts are healed, but..." The Headmaster began. Zero stared intently at the newly bandaged girl. "But new ones appeared. They look as though she was cut repeatedly with a thin blade all over her body, but those will heal in a day or two, and by tomorrow, her eye should be fully healed."

Zero grimaced.
〜〜
Kaien stood in front of the bandaged young girl and slowly unwrapped the gauze around her eyes until her close eyelids were now visible.

"Alright Dahlia, open your eyes for me please." He softly spoke. Dahlia obliged and opened her eyes, a beautiful blue-gray eye visible while blood oozed from the the other. Quickly, he worked on the wound and put a eyepatch on her.

"How is your vision?" Kaien asked. Dahlia looked around the room and smiled up at the man.

"I can see." Kaien smiled.

"That's good." He said. Dahlia nodded.

"Thats right, I haven't thanked you for taking care of me yet." She pursued her lips as she thought back. Kaien softly smiled.

And just as he was about respond, "Headmaster!" Yuuki barged in, pausing just when she saw Dahlia. "Oh!"

The two girls met gazes and smiled at one another. "Hey Dahlia." Yuuki greeted. The younger girl nodded with a sweet innocent smile.

"That's right, headmaster, you should start on dinner already, Zero's getting impatient."

"Ah! I didn't even notice that it was this late already." Quickly the older man got up and hurried away while Yuuki went over to Dahlia and helped her up.

"Did you hear from the Headmaster?" Dahlia looked up at Yuuki and shook her head.

"He said that once your able to walk again, you'll be able to attend the academy with us! Isn't that great?" Dahlia's features brightened.

"Really? That's great, I can't wait." She softly said, a sweet smile flashing at Yuuki. The short-haired brunette returned a smile.
〜〜
Zero watched the girl from afar. She was heading towards the Headmaster's office where he followed her in.

"You wanted to see me?" She softly began. The Headmaster looked up from his work and laced his fingers together.

"Yes," He pushed his glasses up his nose as he went through one of his desk drawers. "Concerning the incident from a few days prior, I'd like to give you these." In his hand was a small white box with a black rose design on the center.

Slowly taking it, Dahlia examined it and looked within the box to find a vast amount of small tablets. Taking one out, she held to her eye. Kaien pushed a glass of water out towards her and watched as she placed the tablet to her lips.

"Seeing as a Pureblood bit you, it'll be a matter of time until your thirst for blood becomes uncontrollable so these are just a precaution to contain any thirst that you'll have from now on before you..." He paused, not wanting to go any further. Understanding, Dahlia nodded and pushed the tablet in, swallowing it down with water.

Setting the glass down, she covered her mouth with her small hands as her body shook with painful coughs. Quickly, she tried running with her crutches to the restroom where she vomited into the porcelain white sink.

Zero and the Headmaster followed after her and watched as she hunched over the sink to expel more vomit.

"Are you alright?" The Headmaster asked. He walked closer to the girl and watched as she panted. A familiar scent suddenly filled the restroom.

"Yeah, sorry about that." She smiled while she wiped her mouth and tried to shield the sink from their view. Behind her, the sink was now crimson and was filled halfway with the substance. The Headmaster sighed as he turned the facet on, washing it all away.

With his back turned to them, Kaien spoke to them, "Zero, why don't you go get Dahlia cleaned up and then put her to bed?"

The silver-haired teen put a hand on Dahlia's back as they exited the restroom and headed for her room.

"Sorry..." She murmured. Zero only spared her a glance and slightly nodded. With a quick look, Zero was able to see Kaien wash away the blood that was still left behind.

Dahlia... Why are you different from all other Level D's?