Walking a thin line

"Why is nobody telling me anything?." In frustration I pull my hair as the car that is driving us to the hospital is stuck in traffic.

"Rose, relax. All this stress is not good for the baby." As soon as I heard the news, I quickly changed out of my bikini, into some leggings and a shirt, and basically run out of the house.

Kylie's jet was still in the Bahamas, so 25 minutes after we got the call, Anna, Ali and I jumped into the plane and were on our way to LA.

In the first our of our flight, Brian kept us up to date with the latest news, but after that, he went radio silence.

I tried to contact Shawn's parents, every single family member and closest friends but they either didn't respond or didn't knew about the accident in the first place.

"Ali, I don't know if my husband is alive or death. I don't know fucking anything!."- I respond way to harshly but I cannot help myself. The unknown makes me go crazy. "So, please. Let me be."

In the corner of my eye, I see Ali and Anna exchange a look but right now, I couldn't care less. All I want is to get to the hospital and see my husband.

"Sir, is there a way around this traffic?." We haven't moved for the past 5 minutes. The hospital is about 3 minutes away with car, so if this car isn't going to move at any second now, I am going to jump out and run.

"I could make a left turn here, and hope that there isn't any traffic there? But we have to drive over the wrong side of the road for a couple of seconds."

"Sure. Go for it." I say without any doubt.

"Rose..."- Ali starts but shuts up immediately when I give her a glare.

"Alright. Hold on." The driver looks over his shoulder, to see if there are any cars coming our way and turns in full speed, crossing the road.

By miracle, we reach the street without any accidents and speed off through the narrow streets, towards the hospital.

I sigh in relief as I see the sign of the emergency department of LAC + USC medical center. Before the car stands completely still, I open the door and jump out.

"Rose! Wait!." I hear Ali and Anna scream from behind me as I run towards the entrance.

I turn everyones head as I run inside. Completely out of breath but high on adrenaline, I reach the service desk.

"My husband..."- I breath heavily. "He was brought in after a... car accident." 

The older woman behind the counter gives me an apologetic smile. "What is his name, dear?."

"Shawn Mendes." Of course, that name makes a few heads turn. "He was brought in with his sister."

The woman types something on the computer and nods her head. "I will escort you to the private waiting room. There are already a few family members waiting there."

It's only now I notice that everyone in the waiting room, including the staff are looking at me. Normally, I would have cared but right now, all I want is to see Shawn.

I follow the woman as she leads me through different doors and hallways. "Do you know how they are? My husband and his sister?."

She quickly glance at me, before shaking her head. "I am not authorized to discuss those types of information with you, but I will send a doctor to talk to you about their condition."

I tap my feet rapidly against the floor of the elevator.

After what feels like forever, the doors finally open. "Follow me. The waiting room is at the end of the hallw..."-