Show time

"5 dresses?!." I say to Jacky and Isabella, my stylist for today. "I have to change 5 times?!."

Today is the day of the VMA's. After the production showed me around the venue and walk me through the show step by step, it is now time to get dressed. My delusional mind thought that I only had to change once. Okay, maybe twice but 5 different dresses for 1 event? That seems a bit over to top. Even for me.

"They are fabulous though." Anna says from behind me as she walks into my dressing room.

"These are the dresses you picked out, remember?." Isabella reminds me. Well, yeah I remember picking out the dresses I liked. This is only a small selection of the dresses she showed me but I didn't knew that the dresses I picked, were also the ones I was going to wear. I thought that I gave her a selection and she would pick one or two for me.

"Babe."- Jacky grabs me by the shoulders. "You will look amazing. Don't worry."

"That is not I am worried about."- I know these girls will make sure I look by absolute best. "I am worried about if I will be able to change quickly enough."

At home it takes me forever to switch from my regular clothes to my sweatpants. How the hell am I supposed to change from complete different look every time. That is humanly not possible.

"Isa and I will be there to help you. Girl, don't worry. We got this."

I certainly hope so. I told my family about me presenting the show tonight. The all came together and stayed up late to watch me. The last thing I want is to have a nip slib on national television.

"What do you think?." Now that my makeup is done and I have the first dress on, I feel the vibe. I am nervous but I am feeling the vibe.

"I like the sparkles." I say as I twist and turn in front of the mirror.

"It is a bit short, isn't it?." Scott says from the couch behind me.

I look in the mirror to him. "You think?."

"Yea, its not trashy or anything but you have to watch out what you are doing."

"Scott, she has legs to die for. It would be a crime if she didn't showed them off." Isa jumps in, as she feels that this conversation is going south.

He holds his hands up in surrender and look back to his phone.

"Is it too short?." I turn around to Anna, who is sitting next to Scott on the couch. I definitely do not want to look like a hooker. That is not the look I am going for.

"Well... I mean..."- she begins but is interrupted by a knock on the door. I turn my head to the door as it opens. One of the members of the backstage team, sticks his head  around the door.

"Sorry to bother you Rose but Shawn Mendes is here."

"No need to apologize, Trevor. Please let him in." Maybe he will give me his honest opinion about this dress.

Trevor nods his head and disappears from view, as he is replaced by Shawn a couple of seconds later.

His mouth falls wide open as his eyes land on me.

"He is in shock." Anna laughs loudly, joined by the rest a couple of seconds later.

"Do you approve?." I feel a blush rising as Shawn keeps his eyes on me.

"You look fucking snack." Brian says, as he walks further into the room. "Hey! Why did you do that?." He whines as Andrew smacks the back of his neck.

"Don't be rude." Brian rolls his eyes in response and walk to where Anna is sitting.

"Hi Rose."- he kisses my cheek. "You look lovely."