Dresses and birthday parties

"Congratulations babe." I wrap my arms from behind around my best friend. "I hope you finally will grow up." Today it's Anna's 22th birthday. She is 10 months and 3 days younger then me, as my birthday is in December.

"Absolutely not." She chuckles as I kiss her cheek and unwrap my arms from her. "Grownups are boring as fuck. No way that I am going to settle down and pop some babies out now that I am 22."

"Growing up is more then marriage and babies, you know."

"Who cares. I am not going to fall for that trick."

I roll my eyes as I walk in my slippers and robe to the kitchen. Even though, it's already past noon, I only woke up 10 minutes ago. You probably wondering if I am sick but no, your girl took today and tomorrow off. I needed some time to relax. The past weeks have been hard on me, especially emotionally. I am doing better though. Having nothing on my agenda really helped me working out some things in my head. I am amazed with the effect down time has on someone's mental condition.

And tonight Anna is throwing a party for her birthday. Fortunately, I convinced her to book a venue instead of having the party in our house. Can you imagine the anxiety level I would have with all those people in my house. I would have been running around with cleaning supplies for the whole evening. No no, not in my house. What if someone stands with their dirty shoes on my white rug? I swear, I would die. Welcome to the brain's of a OCD person.

"Do you want to go out for lunch later?."

"Yea, sure. I still have to go by the stores to buy some shoes for tonight." She yells back as I pour some coffee into a cup.

"Alright." Thank God she wants to go to the stores. Confession; I haven't bought anything for her yet so, I can do it later. Everything works out in the end.

"That will be $130.80, please." Yea, your are reading it right. 130,80 dollar for a lunch. I adore Los Angeles but those prices here... yeah, that I will never get used to.

I take my black card out of my wallet and hand it to the woman. "Make it $150.00." And with 5 dollar tip they aren't happy as well. It's a ridiculous world we are living in.

"Did you liked the food?." I say to Anna, as the woman walks away with my card.

"It was so delicious. Thank you."

"No problem babe."- I mean, it's her birthday. Who cares if the lunch was expensive? She deserves every penny. "Where do you want to go?."

"Well, I saw some shoes on sale at Jimmy Choo."

"On sale?." Thats nothing like her. You know she works in the fashion industry. The last time I said something to her about sale, she always smacked my head. "That's nothing like you."

"I know."- she sighs dramatically. "But my outfit isn't compleet without a Jimmy Choo shoes and they are so expensive."

"What is expensive?." I ask her as I nod to the hostess as she returns my card.

"You have Jimmy Choo shoes in your closet."

"It's not like I paid for those." From time to time shops send me products, to make advertise their store.

"I wish I was you." She yet again sighs as we take our stuff, to leave the restaurant.

"It's not all as cracked up as it seems to be." I maybe don't have financial issues but other parts of my life are a bit of a mess but I am not going to think about it now. Everything will work out in the end.

"How are things between you and Shawn? You know that I invited him tonight as well, right?."

"Yea, I know. He told me."- I haven't told her about the things I discussed with Shawn yet. So, as far she knows I only had that mental breakdown in his house and haven't really spoken to him afterwards. I decided to keep it for myself. Well, between Shawn and I. I am just not going to say anything to anyone before I know what we are going to do. The less people know, the better. "But let's not talk about it. It's your birthday. Not the day to talk about my troubles. Let's go to Jimmy Choo, okay?."