Reality

Our little vacation was extended with a week. What can I say? We needed the time to ourselves. After Shawn's proposal, it feels like we have been living in our own bubble. With absolutely no idea of what has been happening in the outside world.

Unfortunately, we couldn't stay any longer. If we had stayed hidden for too long, we might not have had a career once we got out. All fun things end, they say. At least we have left on better terms and with renewed mental energy than with what we came to Canada two weeks ago.

I look outside the window of the private jet as we take off from a little airport that is located right in between the mountains of Quebec.

With my hand in Shawn's, we take off into the sky. Back home.

Even though, I am scared to know what people say about our absence, I am excited to see my friends again. And Scott. Although, the man drives me crazy sometimes, it is weird when I don't speak to him. Normally, he calls me at least once a day to check up.

"Jesus..." Shawn mumbles in the chair next to me. I turn my head to see what the buzz is about. My eyes directly fall on his phone as it space because of the amount of new notifications. Well, yeah... that happens when you are offline for 2 weeks.

My phone is still somewhere in my bag. I do not really feel the urge to check on what we have missed.

I watch Shawn's reaction as he scrolls through his messages. "That bad?."

He looks up at me with wide eyes. "What?." But collects himself and shake his head. "No, it is fine."

"What do they say?." I didn't need his verbal confirmation to know, what I need to know. His face already gave him away.

"Nothing baby."- he sighs and lock his phone.

I raise my eyebrows at him in response. Does he thinks I am stupid?

"I only have read my text messages but I already got from many people the question if you had a miscarriage and if you are okay. So, if the people who actually have my phone number know, then I really do not want to look online to see what they are saying." He looks at me with careful eyes. Studying every inch of my face.

I nod my head and look at our connected hands, that are resting on my lap.

I always wonder how people find out about it. I mean, not that many people know about what have happened to us. Now, I understand that is kind of suspicious when the both of us disappear for 2 weeks out of the blue but how they have find out about my miscarriage. That is a mystery to me.

"You know we are in this together, right?."

I look once again back up to him and smile. "I know."

"Good. I wanted to make sure you got that."

"Don't worry about me. I am fine."

"I will spend the rest of my life worrying about you. That is my job."

Things are not as bad as I suspected them to be. Sure, there was a lot of paparazzi in front of my apartment building once we arrived but the cool thing about the building is that it has an underground parking space. So, we didn't actually had to go out of the car and face the paparazzi.

Of course I heard what they were asking. It was impossible to not hear their screams. As we already suspected, they know. They know the reason we went MIA for a while is because I had a miscarriage and believe me, they were not nice about it.

I actually had to ask the driver to lock the car so, that Shawn wouldn't jump out. He was going mad because of the things they were saying. He is really sensitive when it comes to me and this subject. For obvious reasons.